Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Genuine Aruban restaurant dishes.

Hello.
    My husband and I will be visiting Aruba for the first time in March. Part of the fun of traveling for us is sampling food that is native to the area. For example; haddock and lobster in Maine, steak sandwiches in Philly, gumbo in New Orleans and Hopi fry bread with prickly pear jam in Arizona.
    Can anyone tell me some of their more interesting dishes on the island and the restaurants they found them at?
    Kim

Keshi Yena is a Dutch cheese and chicken dish that you car get at Gasparito's. Also, goat stew is a local favorite. Enjoy>

Gasparito, local cuisine Mmmm!!!

If your looking for a great dining experience than you have to try Gasparito restaurant with local dishes to please your palette. It’s a must go for people who want to experience the local cuisine of the island. My favorite dish is the Aruban Combo. It includes Keshi Yena, (Carrie explained above), Kerrie Kerrie which is a fish dish cooked in a dash of curry and Fish Creole with the freshest catch of the day. Can't go wrong for $22.00. Give it a try and experience Aruba.
    </SPAN>
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

try Peanuts...it is downtown, right before entering the circle to head to airport you turn left and it is a few blocks down on right,,,,it is a locals restaurant, but the food is great. As at your hotel they should be able to give you directions....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    we have eaten where the "local aruba residents eat" at Nos Conucu

have eaten the goat stew conch keshi yena all quite good
    there.

and you gotta have the local brew balashi too.

another place.............Wacky Wahoo or Buccaneer for the grilled or pan fried grouper or wahoo. both types of fish are very local to aruba.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Another vote for Nos Cunucu if you want to eat Aruban food. Every time I've been there we've been the only Americans in the place.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I've been reading that Tulips has wonderful Keshi Yena although service has been knocked.

We used to love Gasparito. Heck we even named one of our cats after it. Always our first night and last night it was so special for us.

Sad to say we will not return after our experience in June.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f12/gasparito-33895/#post119916

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Munzenhofer View Post
    If your looking for a great dining experience than you have to try Gasparito restaurant with local dishes to please your palette. Its a must go for people who want to experience the local cuisine of the island. My favorite dish is the Aruban Combo. It includes Keshi Yena, (Carrie explained above), Kerrie Kerrie which is a fish dish cooked in a dash of curry and Fish Creole with the freshest catch of the day. Can't go wrong for $22.00. Give it a try and experience Aruba.
    </SPAN>

Quote Originally Posted by Linda VH View Post
    I've been reading that Tulips has wonderful Keshi Yena although service has been knocked.
    They have a new restaurant manager there now so service seems to be much better. I've been there several times but have never tried their Keshi Yena (have only had it at Gasparito) - will have to give a try this year.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

have eaten the goat stew conch keshi yena all quite good
    there.

and you gotta have the local brew balashi too.

another place.............Wacky Wahoo or Buccaneer for the grilled or pan fried grouper or wahoo. both types of fish are very local to aruba.

andrea
    NOS CONUCU closed in November. The owners told me it didn't fare as well as they hoped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast