Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Getting to Flying Fishbone

I think I've settled on Flying Fishbone for our first dinner in Aruba (never eaten there before). I would like to make reservations but I'm having trouble figuring out what time. Our plane lands at 3:10pm and have no idea how long it would take for us to get through the airport, grab our car (Avis) and drive to the restaurant.

If anyone has a good guess I would appreciate it. (Wasn't sure if this post should be under transportation or culinary.)

Aruba since 1979
    are you planning on going directly from airport to flying fishbone?
    if so, you will probably get there before 5p or so and i do not even think it is open that early. and it will hot sitting there by the water in the sun.

from wheels down to exiting the airport could take anywhere from 20 minutes to maybe 45 min or an hr. (in over 35 visits, it only took us an hour once....and that was the time OJ Simpson was in line directly in front of us at immigration...but that is another story and it was a Saturday in the Winter.)

add in another 20 min for AVIS car rental

the ride from airport to FF is about 20 minutes.

my suggestion is to save FF for not your first night on aruba.
    you might be exhausted.

or if you are convinced you really want to go there on night 1, i suggest checking in to your resort, getting settled and plan on FF by 6:30.

Aruba since 1979
    making a copy of this in culinary too.
    so make sure you check both getting around and culinary for replies.
    andrea