Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giannis

Giannis

This place looks great for a nice italian dinner, anyone suggest eating inside or out would be better, will be there is Nov. , reservation required , do u think to early to make ?

We were there in October and ate inside as the wind was blowing pretty hard. Service ok, not reat, not bad. Food very good, but be careful of servers upselling you. We ordered the pasta in the cheese wheel. Our server asked if we would like to add a little shrimp to it....sounded good, so we did. As it turned out they chared up an extra $32.00 for the shrimp!! When I asked about it, I was told "you ordered it", which I did, and paid for it . Never again. Nice setting, good food, but even without the shrimp issue, prices seemed high for what was offered. Too many other excellent choices.

We ate there in October and the food is good,They also own Sole Mare which is smaller with a very similar menu.

I Saw That Sole Mare Place Also, Between Both Of These Replies, Do You Feel That Would Be A Better Choice And Do They Have Outside Dining Also? Would You Suggest That, And What About Reservations And Making Them Now

We did both restaurants and this is what we found...
    Sole Mare is not as good as Gianni's. Service was not great and the food was not as good (may be they are sending their better chef's to Gianni's??) and the atmosphere....no comparison.

We ate outside but under the canopy, so the wind was not an issue. We found inside noisy as of the high ceilings. Depends on the number in your party. If you are a large group, then inside would be fine as "you are the noise"!!

We really ennjoyed the food. Service on our first visit in December was amazing. Service on our second visit in Feb. was not as good.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    I Saw That Sole Mare Place Also, Between Both Of These Replies, Do You Feel That Would Be A Better Choice And Do They Have Outside Dining Also? Would You Suggest That, And What About Reservations And Making Them Now
    No outside dining at Sole Mare.

Arubalisa, Thanks , That Is A Great Site, Do You Have A Preference Between These Two, Or Another Fav Italian Place Of Yours ?

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Arubalisa, Thanks , That Is A Great Site, Do You Have A Preference Between These Two, Or Another Fav Italian Place Of Yours ?
    Dh refuses to eat Italian in Aruba (with the exception of the Italian restaurant at the Tamarijn for variety ). Being 100% Italian, he can cook better at home.

The last Italian restaurant we visited in Aruba was years ago-- Sole Mare (now also the owners of Gianni). I thought it was pretty good, dh didn't care for it.

Check out this thread if you haven't already:
    best Italian

Too many restaurants, too little nights.

Liz, sorry, don't yell,
    have gone to the giannis menu site that you have sent to many, but how do you make a reservation ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast