8 of us (neighbours in Aruba) went to Gianni's the other night for dinner - maybe this is just an issue with low season . . . we generally have a good meal there, but this time, it was AWFUL. Here were the issues:
- I ordered calamari fritti as an appetizer and it was like rubber, cold, and sopping wet
- my wife ordered a lobster and pasta special (for $38 USD nonetheless) and it was badly cooked spaghetti and "good luck" finding any lobster - seriously - a plate of muck passed off as a high end feature item
- the service was lackluster at best . . . lots of staff, little service.
- I don't like the fact that they sting you with a 15% service charge AND don't mention it . . . hoping you miss it and "double-tip".
- the meals at Gianni's seem to have goten VERY EXPENSIVE for decreasing quality in both food and service
We are on the island 7-8 times per year so let's hope this is a one time event and is only because it is low season.