Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It was not a restaurant that I probably would have picked but we did go with a group from New Jersey who were also in Aruba getting married and were also staying at the same hotel. There were 7 of us and we all had a great meal. I wish we had sat inside because it was very hot outside. The service was a bit slow but the food was great. We would return. I am sorry that some of you did no have a pleasant experience.
    Next Aruba trip in

its funny you mentioned the new jersey-ites.....the week you got married we were there and i swear everyone i met or talked to was from jersey! it's like the state had a mass exodus to aruba!

Marriott Surf Club's Lazy River, Arashi Beach, The Natural Bridge (both before and after) The Caves
    My wife and I went with family three years ago. Food was just so so, the service was awfull to say the least. We didnt go again until 2 weeks ago when we were in Aruba. Decided since there was no wait for a table, or so we thought. There was a family of 5 ahead of us, standing at the hostess station, I asked if they were waiting for a table, they said, "for the past 5 minutes, but nobody had come over", yet we saw at least 5 or 6 staff standing only a few feet away. We were about to walk out when finally someone came over and said "would you like atable inside or out?" We took a table, and then waited 10 minutes until our waitress finally came over, after we asked the person who came and filled our water if she was our waitress, which she wasnt. Long story short, not only was the service horrendous, but then our ceaser salad, lets just say, it hardly was enough for one, yet i think it was $8, I ordered Chicken Parm to play it safe, you could have hammered nails with it and my pasta was swimming in so much water, i asked if maybe they forgot to cook it in the kitchen....Nope we wont be going back, EVER!
    Last edited by welovearuba; 08-20-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Funny, we always go to Sole Mare which is owned by the same people and have never had a bad meal.......so you would think they would all be the same, except for menu items.....
    I would suggest if it ever happens again, you must bring it to the attention of the owners that I am sure are present since the owner's son is always at SM......I would think bad publicity is not something they would be happpy about...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Alto Vista, The Natural Pool, The North Coast, Palm Beach
    I've been to Gianni's several times, the last trip being in July. When I was their in this past July it was fine, good service, excellent food. When I was their in Nov 2009 I swore I would never go back. Horrible service and the food was just okay. Leaving for Aruba on 11/1, will probably go to Gianni's once again, will post my experience.

Alto Vista, The Natural Pool, The North Coast, Palm Beach

Gianni's Nov 2010

As I promised to post upon my return, I visited Gianni's once again, and food was good and service was good. Can not figure it out how it can be so different from visit to visit.
    Now the weather for the first week of November, UGH. but I guess I'll save that for another thread!

I just go back and had the WORST experience...Service was terrible!!! I was looking forward to eating there and It was a huge let down...

I understand that O Sole Mare is under new management....tried it the past 2 Saturdays....very good each time - owner Juan very nice....will take this over Gianni's any day!!!

When Gianni's first opened we loved it. The last two times convinced us never to go back. The last time there was some clear and conscious cheating on our bill. That's the real reason we will never return.

Unfortunately, I don't think they will recognize the need to be consistent with a high quality honest business because of their location. They will, likely, always have alot of business.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMiss View Post
    I understand that O Sole Mare is under new management....tried it the past 2 Saturdays....very good each time - owner Juan very nice....will take this over Gianni's any day!!!
    We haven't been to Sole Mare for a couple of years. Thank you for mentioning this as I think we will go in January.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12