Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By brady bear
  • 1 Post By AUA1989
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan

Thread: Gift Cards/Gift Certificates. What are your experiences?

Aruba since 1979

Gift Cards/Gift Certificates. What are your experiences?

Many of us have gift cards that we purchased or were gifted in the USA or Canada.
    Please do not assume those gift cards will work in Aruba.

We had a $250 Visa gift card that was not able to be used in Aruba.

We did use a $100 Ruth's Chris gift card.

We do have a Dunkin card that is always loaded, but not accepted in Aruba.

What are your experiences?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Starbucks doesn't work either when purchased in the states!
    i thought we'd give it a try but no go

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

Thank you for letting us know. Think we all have gift cards to some of those places.

Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    I researched this prior to trip last June. I too found Ruth Chris would accept a gift card from the U.S., but we didn't have a gift card and didn't plan to go there. I had a Dunkin and Starbucks card they didn't work.

This is from the Texas de Brazil website:
    Texas de Brazil gift cards are valid for all food and beverage purchases within the restaurant and do not expire.... Gift cards purchased online or at a domestic Texas de Brazil location are NOT REDEEMABLE in Puerto Rico and Trinidad international locations.

On the Tony Roma's site it states
    "All Tony Roma’s Gift Cards are redeemable at domestic U.S. locations only".

Same thing with TGIFridays.

Now, granted, these are chain restaurants found in the U.S. and we don't normally eat at those restaurants while in Aruba. I have not had experience purchasing a gift card/certificate from a site of an Aruban restaurant and using it when there.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Windows on Aruba, Paddock
    I also tried to use our Dunkin Donuts card as it is so easy, we always have automatic reload on our cards. Aruba sadly does not accept these but the good news is I can still have my DD ice coffee in the morning. Side note: my dunkin donut card is a picture of my morning walk in Aruba, it is fun to use during the cold winter, the staff at DD always notice it and say they wish they were there

We use the Ruth Chris Steak House gift cards all the time. I buy them on We usually get around 12% off. During certain holidays they offer incentives that raise the discounts another 5%. 17% Ruth Chris (along with the Marriott owner discount at restaurants) can go a long way.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    We were gifted with a Tony Roma's gift card one year, however, it clearly states on the back of the card that it can only be used in the U.S.