Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good lunch spots...

What do you suggest for a quick, reasonably priced lunch near the Marriott Surf Club? Places to go with and without swim wear (with cover ups of course ).

We looked at the menus for the marriott restaurant bars and they look kind of pricey. So we are looking for other recommendations.

thanks.

terboo

http://www.bugaloe.com
    Lunch you can get a hot dog for $5 or grilled cheese $4, many sandwiches $7-$8 range.

http://moombabeach.com/sections/menu/beach2.htm
    MoomBa next to the Marriott Surf Club
    http://moombabeach.com/sections/menu/lunch1.htm

Buster's Sports Bar has sandwiches about $11- 14

McDonald's and Burger King.

If you are going to be in a timeshare, lunch in your room is a much less expensive option.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Palm Beach Refreshment (on the road to Noord). Cheap, delicious and plentiful Aruban food - mainly locals but they love tourists and are very friendly and willing to answer all your questions about the menu.

I have two stops for you. One is the outdoor cafe at the Balshi plant. The workers eat there and the food is very good and very reasonable. Menu changes everyday. . . .

The second stop is "J J Snack" where the local people stop for lunch. It's in Boroncana not far from Terra Del Sol. I eat there often and they have the best cheeseburgers on the island. Very cold beer too. . . . .

Tom and Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by terboo View Post
    lunch near the Marriott Surf Club?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewny1 View Post
    Palm Beach Refreshment (on the road to Noord). Cheap, delicious and plentiful Aruban food - mainly locals but they love tourists and are very friendly and willing to answer all your questions about the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    I have two stops for you. One is the outdoor cafe at the Balshi plant. The workers eat there and the food is very good and very reasonable. Menu changes everyday. . . .

The second stop is "J J Snack" where the local people stop for lunch. It's in Boroncana not far from Terra Del Sol. I eat there often and they have the best cheeseburgers on the island. Very cold beer too. . . . .
    Are these spots near the Surf Club? Walking distance say? I am aware the Balashi plant is not

Sorry, these are ways away but worth the trip. . . . .

Walk up Bakval at the top 2 choices go left then take a right at the T in the road. Approx 20-25 minute walk at most.

If you walk up Bakval and take the right you would need to cut through the work area were the new Tuscany development is being constructed. You can see the back of J.J.'s

I have done this walk from the H.I.

J.J.'s is worth the stop. They have moved up and now havee a TV. but the fun is to sit out side with the locals on the bench.

Love the breakfast cheap and local. Warning this is not fine dining!
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

What do you suggest for a quick, reasonably priced lunch near the Marriott Surf Club? Places to go with and without swim wear (with cover ups of course ).

We looked at the menus for the marriott restaurant bars and they look kind of pricey. So we are looking for other recommendations.

thanks.

terboo
    Totally agree with Lisa- if you are in your bathing suit go to Moomba Beach or walk a bit further to Bungalo. Both are pretty reasonable for food - if you don't fill up on drinks. If are dressed and walking around the area there are now tons of places for pizza, mexican, sandwiches, etc.
    Last edited by jeffnev; 10-06-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Palm Beach Refreshment is right near Wacky Wahoo. I forget if that is walking distance from the Surf Club (but do know it's up near the high rises).

Another vote for Moomba

thanks.

terboo
    I was just in Aruba a couple weeks ago and can strongly recommend Moomba for an affordable lunch, b'fast, and/or dinner. If you have a hangover, head to Moomba and ask for a Caribbean Pirate. It's not on the drink menu, but a VERY tall bartender named Roel created it there and serves 'em up in the morning. Great place right next to Holiday Inn; I can't wait to go back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast