Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By act1966

Thread: Gostoso - October 2015

Gostoso - October 2015

I've raved about Gostoso's before so this is more of an update...

Still fantastic. Service still wonderful. And the off-the-beaten-path ambiance continues to be engaging. I love the little bowl of homemade hot sauce they give you immediately upon sitting down. It's ALWAYS tasty and not overbearing.

The place was full of locals last night - Portuguese/Aruban fusion is still well in demand on the island! And they had the Jays game on and everyone was riveted.

The food: we both had soup of the day... The Spouse had beef/vegetable (thick, beefy and delicious) while I opted for the fish cream soup. Stunning. I even threw in a bit of the hot sauce to try it out - it just jumped the flavours up even further. Incredible.

Mains: The Spouse had "Chicken Mignon" which is (from the menu) "grilled chicken breast stuffed with ham and Gouda cheese then wrapped with bacon and served in a creamy white wine mushroom sauce". Raves. I had the house special (which I always get - creature of habit... why mess with a good thing?!?) the seafood medley with lobster tail. Blew my hair back yet again.

The staff on hand, Rocky and Michael. were fantastic and attentive. Jose, the owner, wasn't in but made a surprise visit and immediately came over to the table to welcome us back.

I hope more non-locals will try this place out - it's really fantastic... we've now been six times so it's tried and tested. Consistency is the order of the day!

Price: for two appetizers, two mains, one dessert (chocolate cake with whipped cream), two Grey Goose martinis and two Grey Goose and soda, the bill came to $146 USD (not including tip).

Sounds great - where is it located?

It's really close to downtown - five minute walk...? Here's a link to it in Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Go...6c5930738fd26b

And their website:

http://www.gostosoaruba.com/home.html
    Last edited by act1966; 10-17-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    sounds delicious and the price seems not too bad at all....

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I've raved about Gostoso's before so this is more of an update...

Still fantastic. Service still wonderful. And the off-the-beaten-path ambiance continues to be engaging. I love the little bowl of homemade hot sauce they give you immediately upon sitting down. It's ALWAYS tasty and not overbearing.

The place was full of locals last night - Portuguese/Aruban fusion is still well in demand on the island! And they had the Jays game on and everyone was riveted.

The food: we both had soup of the day... The Spouse had beef/vegetable (thick, beefy and delicious) while I opted for the fish cream soup. Stunning. I even threw in a bit of the hot sauce to try it out - it just jumped the flavours up even further. Incredible.

Mains: The Spouse had "Chicken Mignon" which is (from the menu) "grilled chicken breast stuffed with ham and Gouda cheese then wrapped with bacon and served in a creamy white wine mushroom sauce". Raves. I had the house special (which I always get - creature of habit... why mess with a good thing?!?) the seafood medley with lobster tail. Blew my hair back yet again.

The staff on hand, Rocky and Michael. were fantastic and attentive. Jose, the owner, wasn't in but made a surprise visit and immediately came over to the table to welcome us back.

I hope more non-locals will try this place out - it's really fantastic... we've now been six times so it's tried and tested. Consistency is the order of the day!

Price: for two appetizers, two mains, one dessert (chocolate cake with whipped cream), two Grey Goose martinis and two Grey Goose and soda, the bill came to $146 USD (not including tip).