Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Great Rich, Sunday BBQ, photos

The Great Rich is a local joint on the main road in Paradera. Every Sunday they do a BBQ, which consists of deliciously smoked chicken and ribs, fried rice, cole slaw and corn on the cob. Photos of the whole deal are on my blog.

The price is 15 florins, about 8.6 dollars. You pay inside the bar/restaurant, get a ticket and then go outside past the smokers to get your food. The meats are slow smoked for very good flavor without being dry. The fried rice is fairly typical.

I would recommend you go a little early, around 1 PM or so. It does get busy later on and the food will be the fresher if you get there before the crowd. And its a lot of food. One order will feed two people. You get 1/2 a chicken, a rack of ribs, big mass of rice, and so on for that one low price. Can't beat it for volume.

This is definitely something different from the high/low rise area.

Enjoy and bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

That looks delicious! And the sign originally said 10fl. Wow! It didn't look busy there at all, where the smokers where anyway, were you there for 1:00?

Ohhh, that makes my mouth water!! Thanks for telling us about this little gem! It is on our list to try next time!

Mrs. 44 and I were there about 1 - 1:30. Hard to remember exactly after such a huge feed.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Now that looks really great !

What type of food & price range does Great Rich serve on Monday to Saturday?
    It looks like they bring in the smokers only for Sunday.

I don't know about the rest of the week. Probably regular Chinese fare. I have other places for that kind of thing. But I like the BBQ here, which is really not accurate, more like a "smokeout."

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sannic44, you do all right eatting out ! I love all hearing all the places that you go to. Thanks for all the tips and video's. NOW, I hope you are getting some of that great food on "the house" as you do give great recommendations...If not, start asking for them. Enjoy, cindyo

CindyO,

Chow is my vice. That and Jack and books. I truly enjoy these joints. When I get back to Philadelphia, I hope to do a series on places around there, like John's Roast Pork which is on my blog and more.

Anyway, I just post the places I like, ignore the ones I don't, and don't ask for anything because I think that would detract from the fun.

Glad you enjoy these posts; give them a try, but I'm not responsible for your cholesterol level. (I've pre-paid my open heart surgery that I'm sure I'll need in another decade or so.)

Bon dia.