Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Hadicurai restaurant & misc comments

Wanted to mention the great fresh seafood BBQ that we went to on our last nite.
    Four of of us had the frest fish buffet which came with a great salad bar along with a side bar. The chef was out in the sand area cooking the 4-5 different types of fish. The grill was built into a food bar/buffet area. Also available was 3 different sauces for the fish. They only have it fri, sat and sun eve. It was $30. I think this restaurant gets lost so I wanted to mention how much we enjoyed it.

Misc comments...
    Our flight out was at 9:50...we were there at 6:30 am, the lline was out the door at 6:45 with only 2 check in people at AA desk....TOTALLY unacceptable !
    Future departure people beware ! The US customs area didn't open till 8 am.

We also bought a Digicel phone while there. Our Setar one ran out of minutes, so we lost our phoNE #. Digicel was across the street from Renn so we went with them for a new phone. The gentleman was kind enuf to extend the minutes we bought for a year...so we can use again in the spring. Minutes can be purchased on line...Just a thought for newbies.

I hadn't mentioned BULLY in my posts so I also wanted to remind everyone out there to reserve him for your travel needs. He is dependable, on time, and reachable by email and phone whle here.

Thats all I can think of right now....cindyo

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for the hadicuari review! i have always heard great things.

we are on that same flight aua to miami on dec 23. what about checking in using the AA kisosks at the airport?
    were folks using those?

hope once you were onboard, the flights were easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Wanted to mention the great fresh seafood BBQ that we went to on our last nite.
    Four of of us had the frest fish buffet which came with a great salad bar along with a side bar. The chef was out in the sand area cooking the 4-5 different types of fish. The grill was built into a food bar/buffet area. Also available was 3 different sauces for the fish. They only have it fri, sat and sun eve. It was $30. I think this restaurant gets lost so I wanted to mention how much we enjoyed it.

Misc comments...
    Our flight out was at 9:50...we were there at 6:30 am, the lline was out the door at 6:45 with only 2 check in people at AA desk....TOTALLY unacceptable !
    Future departure people beware ! The US customs area didn't open till 8 am.

We also bought a Digicel phone while there. Our Setar one ran out of minutes, so we lost our phoNE #. Digicel was across the street from Renn so we went with them for a new phone. The gentleman was kind enuf to extend the minutes we bought for a year...so we can use again in the spring. Minutes can be purchased on line...Just a thought for newbies.

I hadn't mentioned BULLY in my posts so I also wanted to remind everyone out there to reserve him for your travel needs. He is dependable, on time, and reachable by email and phone whle here.

Thats all I can think of right now....cindyo

Thanks for the mention of Hadicurai. You are right it is a good restaurant but we also seem to "forget" about it with so many great restaurants on the island. This is one of my FIL favorites. We will definately check out the fresh seafood buffet.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks for the hadicuari review! i have always heard great things.

we are on that same flight aua to miami on dec 23. what about checking in using the AA kisosks at the airport?
    were folks using those?

hope once you were onboard, the flights were easy.
    Haducuari was outstanding. The fish asst at the buffet was great, fresh, and hot off the grill.
    We could not use the check in's at the airport, don't know if they were working or not. No one was using the check-ins there.
    Maybe its me...maybe not, but we did find everyone in the Miami airport rude....got cut in line at the ladies room while waiting in line, rude people at the Food court, it, it goes on....who know's maybe I was over tired...cindy

Aruba since 1979
    i agree with your take on MIA airport rudeness.
    we had a real long layover there in august.......4+ hrs to catch our flight back to TPA.
    we got a sandwich at one of the little stands an it was $12. I said to the cashier WOW $12?! she replied too EXPLETIVE bad.

the restrooms were archaic and the outlets to plug in my laptop were few and far between.
    unfortunately MIA is one of our few options :-(

i did find their transportation shuttle train convenient and frequent.

again thanks for you hadicuari review. we'll give it a try!