Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Have we made good choices??

Have we made good choices??

Hi! My husband and I are traveling to Aruba in a couple of months and have made reservations and plans to dine at the following restaurants:

Dinner:
    Flying Fishbone
    Wacky Wahoo’s (need to call for reservation)
    Yemanja Woodfired Grill (reservation made)
    Carte Blanche (reservation made)
    Barefoot (reservation made)

Breakfast and/or Lunch:
    Linda’s Dutch Pancakes & Pizza
    Bugaloe Beach Bar and Grill
    Hollywood Smokehouse Diner
    *added this one today!* Scott’s Brats

Are we missing anything important? Any other recommendations? We reserved a car through Tropic, so we'll have easy transportation during our stay.
    Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

your choices look excellent.
    you could eliminate either flying fishbone or barefoot.......both similar.
    barefoot is closer, ff is a bit of a drive............maybe about 35 min from the hotel area.

if you were to eliminate ff, you may want to consider adding in MATTHEWS at Casa DeMar or COOKS downtown or CUBAS COOKIN at the Ren Mktplace or PINCHOS across from the Talk of the Town Hotel, near the ATA office.

one thing to remember when going to flying fishbone....take bug spray or towellettes with you...gets buggy, but food is good

You might want to try Cooks as well....steaks are yummy

Buccaneers (sp?) as well.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

your choices look excellent.
    you could eliminate either flying fishbone or barefoot.......both similar.
    barefoot is closer, ff is a bit of a drive............maybe about 35 min from the hotel area.

if you were to eliminate ff, you may want to consider adding in MATTHEWS at Casa DeMar or COOKS downtown or CUBAS COOKIN at the Ren Mktplace or PINCHOS across from the Talk of the Town Hotel, near the ATA office.

Thanks so much! Matthews looks great! I may switch out Flying Fishbone for Matthews.

danadog56 - thanks for the info about the bugs, good to know!

I thought your choices are great. Barefoot and Flying Fishbone are not really the same. FF, the disadvantage besides being far is that the tables are right on top of each other. Screaming Eagle and FF are same owner. My own personal preference is Barefoot over the two.

However, another good choice that is different type of food would be El Gaucho or L. G. Smith for steak. Both are very popular. El Gaucho is more of an Aruban institution but it is more of a faster paced dinner. Another favourite is for Italian Anna Maria but you can read up on that on another thread. We also enjoyed Y.T. Yees Chinese food (I may have the initials wrong) in Palm Beach and that was very good too. Depends what you want and if you want to change the types of food you are eating throughout the week. Smokey Joes is another favourite.

Lots of choices, read up on them and have fun.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    My vote would be to switch out Flying Fishbone for Passions. What about Madame Janette's?
    Last edited by Chrisvec; 02-17-2012 at 05:21 PM.

I agree with Chrisvec. Passions and Madame Janette's are our 2 favorite spots!

My suggestion would be to stay an extra week and eat at all the other restaurants above.
    enjoy your stay

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Two Top restuarants in Aruba are Madame Jeannettes and El Gaucho....You have to add somehow ! enjoy

As you may have guessed, there are more really good restaurants than there are meals to eat and we all have our favorites.

Your list is a good one. Keep notes and try others the next time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast