Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~

Thread: Have you tried Lionfish? Where?

Have you tried Lionfish? Where?

We are interested in trying Lionfish (to eat) when we are in Aruba. Has anyone eaten it? Can you describe the taste or texture? Does it compare to another kind of fish? What restaurants in Aruba serve it regularly?
    Andrea mentioned that http://hadicurari.com/ is one place to check. We had a nice grilled fish buffet there once so I will check that out. Any others?
    I am looking forward to the responses.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    hey there tracey
    thanks for creating a new thread re: where to eat lionfish

also follow this guy, norman arends (owner of scuba aruba) AND he is a pro at lionfish kill/capture. i am unisure, but he may also supply some local restaurants with lionfish. https://www.facebook.com/ScubaAruba

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We are interested in trying Lionfish (to eat) when we are in Aruba. Has anyone eaten it? Can you describe the taste or texture? Does it compare to another kind of fish? What restaurants in Aruba serve it regularly?
    Andrea mentioned that http://hadicurari.com/ is one place to check. We had a nice grilled fish buffet there once so I will check that out. Any others?
    I am looking forward to the responses.

I had lionfish at Screaming Eagle but it was a special "catch of the day" the night we were there. I really liked it - it was a nice mild white fish that reminded me a bit like halibut as far as texture/taste (which I also like alot.) I would definitely have it again.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Tracy, I've been on the island almost 2 weeks at Surf Club. Hadicurari had it darn near daily last year. I've checked there every day since I've been here and it hasn't been on the menu or the special once. I was really hoping to try it this year but so far no luck and I'm just about out of time.

Try Nos Clubhuis which is just above Hadacurari. We go there a lot for happy hour and it seems like it's always on their menu.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018