Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boca Andicuri, Natural Pool, Malmok, Eagle Beach

HELP! Looking for rib place

I am calling on all of the people here that are WAY more familiar with the island that I am.

Back in 2008 on our first trip to Aruba we were wandering around the downtown Oranjestad area. On foot but not really on the main drag. On our walk we happened past what looked like an outdoor rib/bbq place. REAL local looking. Looked just like a deck w/ a grill setup.

We didn't stop at the time, but we really want to check it out this time. Our next trip in in about 3 weeks.

Does anyone know what place I might be talking about. It would be greatly appreciated. And if you'll be around at the same time, I might even buy you lunch or a beer!

Thanks!

We liked Smokey Joes in the high rise district. Good food & fair prices.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have read about that place and we might check it out. I also read a bit about a place called King Ribs, not sure if that's the exact name.

We liked this 'mystery' place because it was real local looking almost just like a bbq stand from what I remember.
    And like I said we were wandering around, so I am not sure of the exact location other than it was downtown and not anywhere near the high rise area.

Quote Originally Posted by veraynna View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have read about that place and we might check it out. I also read a bit about a place called King Ribs, not sure if that's the exact name.

We liked this 'mystery' place because it was real local looking almost just like a bbq stand from what I remember.
    And like I said we were wandering around, so I am not sure of the exact location other than it was downtown and not anywhere near the high rise area.
    King Ribs is closed now.

There is a local flea market of sorts on the weekends located between downtown and the low rise hotel area. They always have quite a few grills going there and I'm sure they'd probably have ribs.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks, Amy. Do you happen to know where King Ribs was located so I can gauge if this might be the place we happened upon? If it is, my husband will be disappointed to hear that it closed.

King Ribs was in the same general area as the weekend flea market.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Tony Romas by far the best Ribs on the Island they also have great Chicken wings !!!
    Me and some chef buddy's of mine order there sometimes take out on our off day always great Ribs and Wings there.

Tony Romas by far the best Ribs on the Island they also have great Chicken wings !!!
    Me and some chef buddy's of mine order there sometimes take out on our off day always great Ribs and Wings there.
    That's a pretty good recommendation coming from a chef!!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    That's a pretty good recommendation coming from a chef!!! Thanks!
    ESPECIALLY Chef Kasi from Madame Janette's.....YUM!!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    our new favorite for BBQ ribs and chicken is HOT TAKE AWAY located next door to AMADEUS restaurant (same owner) open days 11 - 3 maybe later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast