Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hollywood: Low and Slow

Hollywood Smokehouse and Diner's motto is "low and slow" and that's a good thing. I tried this place during my last visit and was impressed. Was there this afternoon for a redux of the best BBQ on the island bar none. Ordered two beef brisket platters to go and toted them back to the shack. Gorged myself on the meat, potato salad, cole slaw, and beans. All for the low price of 22 florins each. Call it $12 US.

Mike, the owner, gave me an update on San Nicolaas and some other island stuff. He's getting married and will be off-island next week, which leaves me in the lurch for a weekly recharge of hearty chow. He's got some rib items that need to be sampled and lots more stories to share. Hence, I'll be back when he's back and putting the further data here for perusal.

On the way to or from Baby Beach or just looking for good food and fun, the Hollywood is worth the ride to the other side of the bridge. Blog post has photos of the food, menu, and a little history of the joint. See:
    http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2011/0...ehouse-update/

Bon dia and take your cholesterol medication of choice PRIOR or DURING the feast.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the update Nic

This place sounds great, how far would it be from the Divi? Very good reviews on TA - may have to rent a car for a day, hit baby beach, the Hollywood Diner. I assume taxi fare would be very hi?
    Last edited by milocoman; 08-06-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Probably about 1/2 hour from Divi to San Nicolaas depending upon traffic through Oranjestaad and at the Balashi light.

Please call ahead to make sure they're open. Mike is on vacation this week, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Probably about 1/2 hour from Divi to San Nicolaas depending upon traffic through Oranjestaad and at the Balashi light.

Please call ahead to make sure they're open. Mike is on vacation this week, I think.

OK will do we are still a few weeks out and I did notice they are closed Sunday and Monday.

Nic, Do they only take florins or do they take US$ as well? I'm definitely going to pay them a visit!
    Looking forward to my Aruba trip:

they take dollars.

As mentioned above, Hollywood takes dollars and florins. Call ahead to make sure they're open. I forget which day they close.

Just reserved a jeep for a day looks like we will do a lot of island exploring and then hit HSD for lunch or dinner. Thanks for the reviews it sounds like it will be a must do for us.

milocoman---we started at the top of the island up by arashi...hooked all the way around...drove down the other side and ended up down by baby beach and then went thru main st in san nicolaas----we had a ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast