Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hollywood Smokehouse Diner

The Hollywood Smokehouse Diner is a new establishment in San Nicolaas, absolutely worth the drive! (The Hollywood itself has been there a long time.) Now, Mike and Tina have opened the restaurant, serving up Carolina and Texas-style barbeque. Forget those other joints that make similar claims, this is the REAL THING, at a price that is an absolute bargain.

Today I sampled the pulled pork and Texas brisket platters. Platters are served with cole slaw and two sides. I went for potato salad and baked beans on both. First, the brisket. Literally melt in your mouth. Next, the pulled pork. Tender on the fork, smokey, good. Sides, exactly what you think and home made. Let me also say the barbeque sauces on the side are also custom blends. Great for dipping. All this for 22 and 18 florins respectively. (Try that price point at the high rise area.)

Mike and Tina are great people, too, happy to get your orders in good time so you're not missing the beach. I HIGHLY recommend this place (a rating reserved for only serious quality "joints"), whether going to or from Baby Beach or simply on the roll one day. Stop in. You'll love it. It's located at the end of Helfrichstraat near the refinery wall, only two blocks from the main gate. PLENTY of parking directly in front.

Photos and more at: http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2011/0...e-diner-aruba/

Too bad I'm leaving the island soon or I'd be chowing multiple times per week here.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Hello Dan, I went there about 2 wks ago for grand opening, Mike worked for me part-time at busters while renovating Hollywood. Both Tina and him are outstanding people and Mike has been in the bar business for many years. I love how you find these places and keep spreading the word.

Mark,

Good to hear from you. Yeah, the Hollywood is excellent. Wish I was there two weeks ago. Then again, it may be better for the weight program that I only went there today. What I like most is the good value. Fair prices, tasty food, smiles. The whole deal. The barbeque Mike and Tina are serving up is better than anything else in the category that I've had on the island.

Can't wait to make this a regular, weekly stop.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Thumbs up The Hollywood Smokehouse

Went there today and it was Wonderful! The Beef Brisket really did melt in your mouth! It is a definitly a must try! Go to San Nicholas, go past Charlies Bar all the to the end of the road and take a left, it is a block down on the left (red building). 11:30-3 during the week & 11:30-9 on Friday & Saturday! Definitly worth the trip!

We are there!

Hollywood Smokehouse Diner

Great eats! Worth the trip to the other side of the island.....for sure!!! San Nicolas is a really cool town.

Aruba since 1979
    absolutely
    san nicolas is always a fun excursion

some good eating spots, baby beach, rogers beach, pet cemetery, wonderful locals and the whole other side that most tourists never see!

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    Great eats! Worth the trip to the other side of the island.....for sure!!! San Nicolas is a really cool town.

wow!

I ate here yesterday with my family and I have to say this is some of the best BBQ we've ever had.

The place has a nice retro feel to it and Tina and Mike were very friendly and eager to serve us quality food.

This is a big bargain for your buck and the prices can't be matched any where else on the island for what you are getting! HIGHLY recommend!!!

john

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum john!

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Thanks for the suggestion. We just missed opening day. We had to leave the island that day. We'll try it in Sept. We were able to get to Amazing and Zeerovers this trip. Both places were fantastic in very different ways.
    Thanks always for your suggestions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast