thanks for the review!
since you went back for a 2nd meal, it must have been good!
glad the positives, outweighed the negatives.
Ate there twice this week. Here's my perspective as someone who lived 5 years in the Southeastern U.S. eating some great barbecue and as someone who has a Weber Smokey Mountain in my backyard which I use to smoke ribs, pork shoulder and brisket:
- Location if you are in the low rises. We stay at Costa Linda so it's a short walk. The outdoor mall next to the Casino is a nice, quiet spot with some live music too.
- Ribs: These had a nice flavor and were cooked well. Also true baby backs, which are naturally tender.
- Real smoking: They do actually smoke their meats, unlike a lot of places on the island.
- Service: Very friendly and attentive.
- Pull pork was quite dry both times to the point that I have to think they are either using the wrong cut of pork (anything leaner than a shoulder will dry out) or they are cooking it too long or over to high a heat.
- Neither the pork nor brisket has much porky or beefy taste. The brisket was more tender than the pork but lacked taste.
- While there was a bark on the pork there was little smoke ring. My guess is they cook too quickly at too high a heat.
- portions are huge -- their taco could feed three. Personally, I think that's a bit much and difficult to eat. Their tacos and lettuce wraps are an attempt at fusion and they'd do better to serve real, small tacos with a nice balance of flavors. You could serve four, have much tastier, balanced bites and use less than half the meat.
can't wait....november is coming soon and it will be nice to just be able to walk over from Divi to get something without having to drive every night...(even though we have restaurants on premises)
ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Ribs...I like Barney's the best!
Playa Linda Resort
facebook - Scotts Brats Aruba