Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hooters and Behihana Closing

Hooters and Behihana Closing

I just read a news article regarding the bankruptcy of Hooters and Benihana in Aruba. They will cease operation this Sunday. What a shame...

Below is the article from The Aruba Herald:

"Employees of Hooters and Benihana attended a meeting on Wednesday, during which management announced they can only guarantee their jobs until Sunday, but the employees will thereafter be unemployed. The employees were told this decision follows the tax offices' decision to sell off the furniture and equipment on July 3 during a public auction to cover tax debt. Mr. Jossito Mansur, who owns both establishments, said he was not able to reach an agreement with the tax offices and naturally the public auction of necessary equipment will cause operations to come to a halt"

Regards

Unhappy

This is very sad.......Hooters is one place we would go every year.

Taxes?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    the name MANSUR on aruba is "well known".

anyone know if Jossito Mansur and Jossy Mansur are, either the same person or father and son?

my recollection is Jossy Mansur owns or owned the Diario (newspaper), as well as other interests in real estate/timeshare (Villas/Suites at LaCabana ) and made numerous interviews a few years back with Nancy Grace.

Too bad, Hooters is/was a very popular place and served great burgers and wings.
    On this forum very little chatter about Hooters and even less chatter about Benihana.

Last Feb vacation my grand daugther schoose Behinana for dinner ,We wait 1/2 more to get a drink and more them more 1 hour to ask what we want for dinner .We ask the bill we want to leave .We did have reservation ,and our table was full ,people came after us and they plate was serve.
    The manager came and take our order . And said you food is comming up thank god the food was very good we go every year this time was our last time I don't think so my granddaugther will choose that one again .

Not for nothing, I never understood ppl's fascination with going to US chains when on vacation, especially international. I want to experience the local food and restaurants, not a behinana or hooters or Fridays etc. I can get that five mins from home, if I flew hours and spent money to go somewhere, I'm gonna eat something I can't get five mins from home.

Aruba since 1979
    american chains are well visited in aruba.
    we have to remember that aruba gets visitors from many countries.......including but not limited to: Brazil, Venezuela, Canada, United Kingdom, Holland, Asia, USA and on and on.
    and the arubans are also customers, as well as franchise owners!

so, we americans that may not find dining at an american franchise appealing, there are plenty of others that find it appealing.
    (Dunkin Donuts in aruba,prime example of a USA franchise where USA visitors are jammed packed)

here in my town, the hooters has the best chicken wings i have ever eaten. the wings at the hooters in aruba, not quite as yummy, but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by RhoKnuckles View Post
    Not for nothing, I never understood ppl's fascination with going to US chains when on vacation, especially international. I want to experience the local food and restaurants, not a behinana or hooters or Fridays etc. I can get that five mins from home, if I flew hours and spent money to go somewhere, I'm gonna eat something I can't get five mins from home.

Quote Originally Posted by RhoKnuckles View Post
    I generally agree that it is fun to do the local food and restaurants. However, even when you go to an American chain, there's typically something distinctly different when in Aruba.....even if it's simply the smiling face of an Arubian waiter or waitress. I'll miss Hooters, I would miss Dunkin Donuts even more!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Dont Worry, Hooters and Benihana are reopening close by... My son loves their octopus and sushi,
    To answer Andrea question, yes they are father and son....
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Good morning everyone,

I've said it here before, but with the Hooters and Benihana closures 9and as we now learn, possible re-openings), it is possible that what we are seeing is another correction in the always lively and sometimes over-supplied restaurant scene in Aruba.

I feel badly for the employees who are out of work. Hopefully that is only temporary.

As far as American chains being there is concerned, my only comment is they add to the choice available to visitors. A good mixture of the familiar and the different is what separates Aruba's dining scene from most other Caribbean destinations.

Have a good one!

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    As far as American chains being there is concerned, my only comment is they add to the choice available to visitors. A good mixture of the familiar and the different is what separates Aruba's dining scene from most other Caribbean destinations.

Have a good one!

Glenn
    I also believe that we tourists need to keep in mind that the Aruban people also dine at these American chains.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast