Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Hostaria Da Vittorio

We have been going for the past few years and always had an enjoyable dinner. Last year we had an issue with a coupon we brought, it wasn't a big deal but the manager was so arrogant it really annoyed me. I said we have been coming for 2 - 3 years to your restaurant and we usually have a pary of 6-10 people and have never had this kind of attitude from anyone here. He said oh well, don't come back. I was in shock as well as the other tables around us. I got the managers name and said I would write when I got home which I forgot to do but being that we are going back shortly it dawned on me that I forgot to write. I recently wrote to the reastaurants website address and I had the Owner/Master Chef respond the same day. He was apolgizing and said to personally see him when we returned this year and that he would do something special for us. I wasn't looking for a freebie or anything I just wanted him to know what had happened. He understood completely. Hats of to Vittorio for his professionalism!

This was one of our favorite restaurants,but the last time we went the service was terrible and the food wasn't that good..We stopped a few years ago,there are to many places that are much better.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Had my worse meal of my life at that restaurant. It was so bad that I had to spit out the veal.

Wow! I agree there are other restaurants but we will give it one more shot and see if there is any difference. Let's see what Vittorio is going to do for us. Please give some recommendations on your favorite Italian places. We miss Valetinos, are they supposed to open back up?

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Please give some recommendations on your favorite Italian places.
    Giannis gets the most "buzz" for Italian restaurants nowadays http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/giannis.html

There is a lot more written about Italian at
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/italian+restaurant.html

Thx Lisa. I never heard of Giannis. I am going to read the reviews.

You are welcome. For Italian also check out the reviews at http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/italian.html?cuisine_type=italian