Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wilkie
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Hyatt-Pampered in Paradise Dinner

Hyatt-Pampered in Paradise Dinner

Hi!

Has anyone done the above dinner? We are looking for a romantic, private dinner under the stars for our wedding night. We are staying at Occidental Grand and I think for us having an AI plan theirs is a complete rip off and it's a set menu that doesn't include drinks.

If you have done this at another hotel and or Hyatt please provide me with your feedback!

Thanks so much!
    tiffany

Aruba since 1979
    Who do u feel is a ripoff ? Hyatt or occidental?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany3282 View Post
    Hi!

Has anyone done the above dinner? We are looking for a romantic, private dinner under the stars for our wedding night. We are staying at Occidental Grand and I think for us having an AI plan theirs is a complete rip off and it's a set menu that doesn't include drinks.

If you have done this at another hotel and or Hyatt please provide me with your feedback!

Thanks so much!
    tiffany

Occidental originally as it's a set menu and not even 1adult beverage is included......messed up as we are paying for AI. So I emailed Hyatt to inquire and they are providing me with a form that isn't even the same items as online and price is higher. When I questioned it she said "we are very busy changing the menu and prices"......huh?!?!

So now I don't know what to do

if anyone has any suggestions of other resorts that is worth the money please let me know!

Aruba since 1979
    so, you are paying for AI at the OCCIDENTAL and your wedding dinner there does not include an alcoholic beverage....no beer, wine or hard liquor?
    it is just the 2 of you for your wedding dinner?

if you are looking for a nice place for dinner that offers adult beverages..............if you want to have dinner at the occidental, then why not.... and just pay the additional for the liquor/wine/beer during the meal?

other restaurant suggestions for a nice dinner not at Occidental

yes, the HYATT but pricey and as you say they are redoing the menu and may be pricier.
    Windows on Aruba
    Flying Fishbone*
    Barefoot*
    Old Man and the Sea*
    Marandi*
    Madam Janette
    Pinchos*
    Chalet Suisse
    Marina Pirata*
    Passions*

* waterview/waterfront

what about a sunset sail Morningstar?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-30-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Sorry I should have explained better
    Occidental (where we are staying and paying for AI-Royal Club)
    Dinner for 2 on the beach under the stars - $250.00
    Appetizer: Montego Bay Shrimp Cocktail Or Antigua’s crab Cake
    Soup: Cream of Flaming Pumpkin Or Clam Chowder
    Main Course: Tenderloin and Lobster
    Dessert: Cake for the 2 of U

And this doesn't include beverages!!!!!

Hyatt (on the form) is 96.00 pp + 17% Service Charge + 1.5% local tax + 60.00 set up fee
    But you actually get to pick from a decent menu and only coffee or tea is included

We don't mind paying for our wedding dinner and I think that Hyatt offers so much more but the issue is that if that form she sent me is correct and online isn't there isn't a Steak option for him....he isn't a big lobster/salmon fish type of guy

Thank you for the above options....I will look into them!!!!

You should be getting all your drinks for free at occidental. Maybe a better choice at occidental is italian restaurant on balcony pretty romantic and included in AI. If not Passions on the beach great sunset and great food would not even be $250. for both of you

I would email Passions at passions@thebeach.aw

Explain your situation as you did here and what type of experience you are looking for.

It may not be private, but if you take their latest seating you will have a more intimate experience under the stars with excellent food and service.

Thanks everyone!