Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: I am stumped

Exclamation I am stumped

I am trying to find out another good Italian restaurant so I am looking to my fellow BB members. We are going to Casa Tua, and Gianni's. I would like to do one other Italian restaurant. We have done Sole Mar before but found that we preferred Gianni's (I know they are the same owner but found service not as good). Hostario D'Vitarrio has become overpriced and Gamberro Rossa is good but we are travelling with teenagers who prefer the more traditional type of Italian food (major problem last time as they didn't serve Caesar Salad and my 14 year old will only eat that kind of salad) so no sense in wasting money.

Any suggestions???
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

How about La Dolce Vita? Or for a very casual atmosphere, Alfredo's?

http://www.ladolcevitaaruba.com/

We haven't been to Alfredo's in a long time but we still go to La Dolce Vita every once in awhile when we're in a pasta mood.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 11-03-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    How about Azzurro at Playa Linda; they have Caesar Salad (click for menu). I've never been to Sole Mare and I never will. Only because I like Azzurro and Gianni's too much even though they are the same owner as Sole Mare.

Azzurro's might be a good try. Has anyone been to Cafe Piccolo at the Hyatt?

Went to La Dolce Vita and didn't love it. I think Azzurro, Sole Mar and Gianni's are all the same owner?\

Liz, you are amazing with the menu! How do you get them all???
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Wink

piccolo was good for us and the kids as it definately served its purpose of more than adequate food at reasonable prices, with make your own pizza options for the kids.
    but, we hate giannis, have tried it 3 times thinking we must have had a bad night....hostario has totally overpriced itself over the years, and the management has been seriously lacking professionalism in the last few years....
    come to nyc for true italian, and when in aruba, stick to some pizzas...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Randi, what about that italian place on the water in front of Renn. Marina towers, Don Carlos? Laguana has that Italian nite, for cheap, and has all the basic stuff including caesar salads, Sabarros at the seaport mall ( food court at the mall kinda stuff), Bella Luna..after that i've run outa ideas. cindyo
    Last edited by cindyo; 11-09-2008 at 08:29 PM.

thanks everyone! We actually booked Casa Tua but the downtown location. They give reservations there (remember that?) They have great pizza, good prices and by going downtown its a change of scenery.

It is our favourite place to go but I was trying to find something new as we are already going there. Trying the new location is almost the same as trying a new place.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Love Casa Tua !! Downtown is nice and relaxed, unhurried and un-discovered !