Like Tree4Likes

Thread: If you had to pick three...

Aruba since 1979
    probably a lot of butter :-(

and also have to say ATTAgirl :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    probably a lot of butter :-(

and also have to say ATTAgirl :-)
    I can handle a little bit of butter but I don't like to taste alot of it. Butter and I don't get along (can't believe I did so well in Paris last summer! )

Their Salmon Roulade stuffed with sea bass with the mango chutney might be something up my alley though. We'll have to see if we have time to squeeze them in on the next trip - always tough to give up favorites sometimes.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Banned

Talking

At the present...my 3 restaurant favs are.

Jemanji
    Wacky Wahoo
    Bingos...awesome salads...someday I want to actually order dinner there.

We're visiting the island next week. I'm looking forward to trying all of your recommendations such as Amadeus, Cooks & Barefoot. You fellow-bloggers haven't steered us wrong yet!

new favorites

We just returned from Aruba (our 11th visit) and have new favorites. The best meal for both ambiance and food quality and service was Marandi. Second choice was Chalet Suisse (1st visit in several years), and third would be Anna Maria's. Anna Maria's lived up to the reports from other posters, would definitely go back. Madame Janette was just so-so this visit. We had an 8:30 reservation for Sat nite, and still waited 30 minutes. My grouper was lukewarm, but tasted much better leftover the next day! Smokey Joe's had a "hungry man's meal" that consisted of three half racks of ribs plus coleslaw and fries; we got one takeout order of that and it fed two of us with plenty of leftovers. Wishing it was already March 2012!

Yemanji Wood Fired Grill

Wacky Wahoos

El Gauchos - the best steak on the planet!
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

i'm also from rochester, top three change on a regular basis. were on the island 5 times a year,
    and something you may not have ordered the first time, may turnout to be your best dish.
    but, chalet suisse, mj, and pago pago always great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best

These 3 are unbeatable
    1.Marandi
    2.Madam Janettes
    3.Chalet Suisse
    Three Best, but others are great too

Aruba since 1979
    bump :-)

It's always fun to see these old posts revived and note whether preferences have changed or not. I still have Madame Janettes as one of my top 3. I would add Carte Blanche for an amazing meal, but would caution that it is very pricey. For my third choice, it's probably a place not often mentioned but I thorougly enjoyed Taste of Belgium one late afternoon this past trip. Their shrimp pernod was amazing and I loved their fried grouper. We sat inside at their tiny bar, the bartender was friendly and it really was a relaxing lovely way to get out of the heat, enjoy good company and good food. They also have a nice selection of Belgium beers.

Casa Tua

I cant believe no one has added Casa Tua to their list!

Its Italian food at a great price. Its not the "greatest meal iv ever had" (no resteraunt on Aruba is) but for the price and the quality of the food, you cant go wrong.

The tortellini is fantastic and the french onion soup may be some of the best iv ever had. Also, the spicy olive oil they have with their bread is amazing.

Give it a try sometime!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast