Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 137
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: If you had to pick three...

  1. #111
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mangel Halto, Arashi, Catalina Cove, Malmok, Andicuri Beach
    Posts
    14
    We ate on the beach at Barefoot, Flying Fishbone and Matthew's - all were fantastic! Make sure you get there by 6:15 if you want to be settled at your table with a drink in time to see the beautiful sunset.

  2. #112
    Senior Member AUA1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    Posts
    743
    There are so many great places to eat, but our never-to-be-missed on a trip: Ruinas Del Mar at the Hyatt. Best Lobster ever, and consistently awesome every time.

    We used to love the Olde Molen Restaurant; my husband loved the Seafood Crepes. But I believe it's no longer there. Same is true for Villa Germania. It was great for an afternoon bite, but it has been gone for a few years now I believe.

  3. #113
    Member Vicky464's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30
    Heading back to Aruba Jan 1 and my list would include:
    1. Madame Jeanettes
    2. Flying Fishbone (although the time before last was very disappointing - they did make it up to us last time)
    3. Wacky Wahoo

    So many good places. What about Cuba's Cooking? I remember they were moving. Did they, anyone been to the new place? Fun restuarant with live music.
    Vicky

    Next Trips
    1/1/12-1/8/12
    4/8/12 - 4/15/12

    I love Aruba!

  4. #114
    Senior Member jeffnev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    palm beach, eagle beach, any happy hour
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky464 View Post
    Heading back to Aruba Jan 1 and my list would include:
    1. Madame Jeanettes
    2. Flying Fishbone (although the time before last was very disappointing - they did make it up to us last time)
    3. Wacky Wahoo

    So many good places. What about Cuba's Cooking? I remember they were moving. Did they, anyone been to the new place? Fun restuarant with live music.
    Skip Flying Fishbone and substitute Barefoot if you want beach dining/feet in the sand.

  5. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Posts
    231
    Before I give you my three top places, I just want to say that Aruba's dining scene is, IMO, probably one of the most active with the greatest amount of choice anywhere in the Caribbean. With so many different types of cuisine and price ranges to choose from, I'm surprised that all-incl's are as popular as they are.

    My top three Aruba restaurants are:

    El Gaucho - the 16oz Gaucho steak is the best-tasting source of protein on the planet, period!

    Pappillon - A wonderful addition to the Aruba dining scene.

    Sol Mare - Quality, service and atmosphere are all excellent here.


    Have a good one!


    Glenn

  6. #116
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Top 4

    I see this thread goes all the way back to 2009 - wow! This will be my 6th trip to Aruba and the hardest part is always narrowing down the restaurants. I would never do an all inclusive in Aruba just because the food is so fantastic. I think my top 4 picks would be:

    El Gaucho
    Madame Janettes
    Papillon
    Pago Pago

    I am always shocked that Pago Pago (located inside the Westin) does not get more positive feedback. I think the only bad part is that it is in a hotel - however, the service is always our best on the island every single trip and the food is to die for. Yum, cannot wait...going back May 26th this year and already trying to figure out my other restaurant choices. Thinking:

    Amuse (never been)
    Amadeus (never been)
    Chef's Table (been 1x)
    Passions (never been)

    decisions....decisions

  7. #117
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAZ140.6 View Post
    Amuse (never been)
    Amadeus (never been)
    Chef's Table (been 1x)
    Passions (never been)
    Amadeus and Passions, only because you have never been. Otherwise for a third night would go with Chef's Table.

  8. #118
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,885
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    i think pago pago is fantastic.
    not wild about the pricing though.
    their chef is awesome and very talented.
    i think pago pago would get better publicity/exposure if it were not in the Westin.


    if i were in your shoes, i would add Amadeus restaurant and Chefs table.

    imo COOKS and Madame Janette has better steak than El gaucho.

    steak
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAZ140.6 View Post
    I see this thread goes all the way back to 2009 - wow! This will be my 6th trip to Aruba and the hardest part is always narrowing down the restaurants. I would never do an all inclusive in Aruba just because the food is so fantastic. I think my top 4 picks would be:

    El Gaucho
    Madame Janettes
    Papillon
    Pago Pago

    I am always shocked that Pago Pago (located inside the Westin) does not get more positive feedback. I think the only bad part is that it is in a hotel - however, the service is always our best on the island every single trip and the food is to die for. Yum, cannot wait...going back May 26th this year and already trying to figure out my other restaurant choices. Thinking:

    Amuse (never been)
    Amadeus (never been)
    Chef's Table (been 1x)
    Passions (never been)

    decisions....decisions

  9. #119
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,885
    my top 3 on page 1 are no longer my top favorites

    as of now they are....

    upscale/fine dining~ Madam Janette
    local delicious as well as upscale~ COOKS
    relaxed, local, inexpensive~ B55
    chinese~ Hung Paradis

  10. #120
    Senior Member NJ Ralph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Anywhere the ocean meets the land
    Posts
    112
    Chef's table
    Yemanja
    Sunset grille

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO