Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ike's Bistro

Question Ike's Bistro

Who has been there

How did you like it

Did you make reservations

Aruba since 1979
    We stopped in there last evening lisa. We were there to inquire about reservation but when we walked thru and felt how muggy and uncomfortable it was we made or reservation for FSH instead. Ike's was empty of diners at 8 pm I am guessing because of comfort and not because of food or service. It gets rave reviews.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We ate at Ike's Bistro in February. We thought that the food and service were both very good. It's more on the scale of fine dining. I had shrimp risotto. I think that my hubby had steak and shrimp. I recall that he said that his steak was cooked just the way he likes it. The atmosphere is very nice, with tables set up around the pool. They have a wonderful saxophone player who played throughout dinner. It was very relaxing. However, I'm very sentimentally attached to Manchebo, so I might not be truly objective.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    I liked it better when it was just the "garden bar" and you could actually order off the French Steakhouse menu.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I believe that it was actually Georgios before. We ate there several times in the past five years. The bar area, Pega Pega, used to serve off of French's menu, but the last time we tried that, we were only allowed to order chicken wings. Lisa, I made reservations just a few hours before dinner.

Thanks Hatteras and everyone else. We'll be there over Christmas/New Year so if Dad approves of their menu, I can probably make the reservation a few days before. He has a pretty broad palate so it should be a "go".

My review of Ike's Bistro (I was there a week ago):

Someone told me that Ike's had a great menu and a lovely poolside setting and they were right! I looked at the menu before we went and thought everything was right up my alley.

Dinner was with 2 friends and our appetizers included the ceviche, scallops & corn, and tomato soup - our entrees were the seabass, tuna, and paella. All were excellent - great flavors and ingredients! My tuna came with quinoa which I love and it's the first time I've ever seen quinoa in Aruba. The bread is served with hummus and tapenade (my favorites!)

I would definitely recomment the poolside seating - the seating "inside" seemed a little bright and not as soothing/romantic.

Will be back again to Ike's on our next trip!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I believe that it was actually Georgios before. We ate there several times in the past five years. The bar area, Pega Pega, used to serve off of French's menu, but the last time we tried that, we were only allowed to order chicken wings. Lisa, I made reservations just a few hours before dinner.
    even before Georgios(maybe 10-12 yrs.) I'm old!!!!

This first thing which strikes me about their menu is its size. It is smallish. Small menus = FRESH ingredients.

Of course Mediterranean cuisine is not to everyone' liking, so that is a drawback for some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast