Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Welcome to Aruba

Many places have resonable prices for what you are looking for, it all depends on your bar tab-
    I would suggest :
    Buccaneer in Noord- 27 years serving of family ding
    T.G.I. Friday's- NEW!!! across the street of Holiday Inn
    Bingo-
    Moomba- next to Marriott & Holiday Inn
    Mango's Old Fisherman House down town
    Blossoms at Westin
    Promenade- next to grocery stores
    Enjoy your stay in Aruba
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Less expensive dinners?

I'm having my wedding at the Westin on July 11, and am looking for some 'less expensive' culinary options to recommend to guests for the other nights of their stay.

We plan to do Smokey Joe's one night...any other suggestions? Your help would be much, much appreciated!!
    RC

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Assuming that your guests will not have a car, here's a few that is in the high rise area where the Westin is.

Seafood: Wacky Wahoo's (approx. 15 min. walk from Westin.

Italian: Casa Tua Tomato Charlie's

Buffet: Laguna at the Radisson. Every night is a different theme - $19.95 per person.

May be worth getting into a cab (I don't know how much that would cost)... Tasca La Cascada www.panaderiadelcampo.com -- your guests may be the the only tourists ... If they like meat, can share the strip loin Espetada Madeirenseon a sword (Portuguese style) ... kilo (2.2 lbs) $27

how about tapas at Salt and Pepper..fairly inexpensive.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Downtown Paddock, rib nite, 13 all you can eat.
    Casa Tua, downtown and high rises cheap eats
    Iguana Joes moderate priced
    The Plaza Cafe- cheap eats, music outdoors
    Hooters-wings are the BEST
    TGIF in the new mall at high rises
    Laguana buffet nite-19.99 themed nites
    cindy

We were in town and I ran into a couple and their two young ones on 6/6/08 that I had originally meet in the check in line at the Surf Club. They asked where they could get a good meal for lunch. We pointed them to Iguana Joes. We Saw them later at the pool and they stated that the cost of a taxi ride and a good lunch was better and saved money compared to eating at the resort. They did not like TGIF and stated that it was over priced. We did not try TGIF during our 3 weeks except for desert and the light show.
    The Paddock is inexpensive with all you can eat ribs as stated earlier and all you can eat burgers on Sunday, the food is a bit greasy, but not bad. Don Carlos is next to the Paddock, good outdoor Italian eating and very inexpensive for a basic meal.
    L.G. Smith Steak and Chop Is an excellent value meal for a high end restaurant. We spent $100 for my Filet; my wife had the rib eye, and they include two side in the 30ish dollar cost. One app, one salad, and drinks, but no desert as tooooo Fullllll. $120 including a 30% tip! We spent 15 minutes talking to the waiter, 5 minutes talking to the manager, and 10 minutes talking to our neighbor and children. We watched the sunset our the harbor as a bonus! We had a great meal there.
    Have Fun, Pete

Within walking distance of the Westin, two more votes for Salt and Pepper http://www.saltandpepperaruba.com/ and Tomato Charlie's.

I need a little advice--- I am getting married at the Tamaijn in August and looking for a place to have dinner after our beach cerermony. There are four of us going. I want a nice restaurant, and want to make sure we will enjoy our dinner (one picky eater in the group). That night we want a good piece of steak or chicken. Can someone point us in the right direction. We can eat at the Tamarijn or Divi. This is our first trip to the island. Thanks in advance

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKALYNN813 View Post
    I need a little advice--- I am getting married at the Tamaijn in August and looking for a place to have dinner after our beach cerermony. There are four of us going. I want a nice restaurant, and want to make sure we will enjoy our dinner (one picky eater in the group). That night we want a good piece of steak or chicken. Can someone point us in the right direction. We can eat at the Tamarijn or Divi. This is our first trip to the island. Thanks in advance
    I think you should def go to Madame Janette's, IMO it is the best restaurant on the island and I have never had a bad meal there. Best part is that they probably have something for everyone (meat, chicken, seafood)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast