Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Passions Restaurant http://www.passions-restaurant-aruba.com/ on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor. I had the Filet Mignon last Friday and it was perfect. dh and dd enjoyed their seafood. I could not think of anymore romantic spot to have a wedding dinner than on the beach under the stars.
    Arubalisa....this is a first for me....disagreement with you.

We were at Passions last year with three families and all were disappointed. One family was strictly "meat eaters" and found that aspect of the menu to be quite limited. One family had young kids and let's just say the length of walk to the restroom was "inconvenient". Service was slow and visit number two to restroom was, you guessed it, right when food was delivered. Our family....by the time we got our food it was so dark we couldn't see what we were eating.

It is a place for Romance! Nice to see that you and dh are still so much in love. Happy anniversary.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Arubalisa....this is a first for me....disagreement with you.

We were at Passions last year with three families and all were disappointed. One family was strictly "meat eaters" and found that aspect of the menu to be quite limited. One family had young kids and let's just say the length of walk to the restroom was "inconvenient". Service was slow and visit number two to restroom was, you guessed it, right when food was delivered. Our family....by the time we got our food it was so dark we couldn't see what we were eating.

It is a place for Romance! Nice to see that you and dh are still so much in love. Happy anniversary.
    Sorry you were disappointed.

I have to agree with you on the distance to the rest room.

Our service was paced to our liking, but I can see how the subject of prompt service can be very subjective. And yes it was dark, some folks I know are turned off when they cannot see what they are eating nevermind trying to figure out the menu. To us it is just "romantic".

When we were seated the hostess/maitre 'd explained to us that they just changed their menu to make things "interesting" for their return guests. That evening they offered a filet mignon, strip steak and chicken breast. The filet I had was delicious.

After the other 3 disappointing meals we had on the island, it was the best of the lot and one of the better meals we have had in a few years.

Dh does not Madame Janette for a few reasons and Chalet Suisse has gotten much more expensive than our pocketbook allows. That used to be one of our "must eats".

We are simply running out of restaurants. Passions just "fitted" what we were looking for in a "fine dining" experience in our price range.

I still cannot tell you how disappointed we were at the Promenade in the relation of how excellent the food was and how poor the service was. If the service had been better, this would be another restaurant I would be shouting from the roof tops.

I agree Madame Janettes is a good suggestion, but also I think the Tulip at Eagle Beach is good too. Prices are great and the atmostphere is also nice. I had grouper at both places and the grouper got an A+ at the Tulip. Cindy

And yes it was dark, some folks I know are turned off when they cannot see what they are eating nevermind trying to figure out the menu. To us it is just "romantic".

One good thing about eating in the dark....if you don't like your meal you can steal from the person next to you and they won't even know it!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Our service was paced to our liking, but I can see how the subject of prompt service can be very subjective. And yes it was dark, some folks I know are turned off when they cannot see what they are eating nevermind trying to figure out the menu. To us it is just "romantic".

Us, too! We love Passions for the romantic ambiance and we also love their food (it's all grilled which is a big plus in my book because it's more healthy). I think every time we've been there we've spent a nice, leisurely 3 hour dinner with drinks at sunset, dinner, and then a nice bottle of wine after dinner with our toes still in the sand while we listened to the waves lapping at the shoreline. It just doesn't get any better than that when you're with your significant other! (Photo in my signature below was taken at Passions.)

Bikerchic - we're also fans of Tulip for an inexpensive meal and nice outdoor ambiance.
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Madam J's

Best Restaurants Listed

If you are looking for great restaurants in aruba visit http://www.yellowpages-aruba.com/Cat...g/Restaurants/

Here you will find the best Restaurants listed on the Yellow Pages Online.

www.yellowpages-aruba.com

Good Luck

GA

How about Linda's Pancakes fairly inexpensive excellent food great people.
    Next Aruba trip in

Buccaneer is very reasonable expecially for people with children. I been going to Aruba for 20 years & eat at the best restaurants. You'll be surprised at the quality for the price you'll get @ this place.

First Time - Good Cheaper Restaurants

We are going to Aruba for the first time in a couple weeks. Very excited!

We are staying at the Westin. We are staying a couple weeks and will for sure try the nicer restaurants but wanted to also know some cheaper alternatives near the Westin?

Thanks!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast