Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Inguana or Smokey Joes

I am confused Are they the same place ? I noticed they have different menus ?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    I am confused Are they the same place ? I noticed they have different menus ?
    Nope, 2 seperate places. Iguana Joes downtown, Smokey Joes high rise area. Had 2 bad, bad meals at IG joes, won't be back ever...I would go to Sm. Joes if I were you. The only thing IG joes is good for is their drinks, food and service are bad.

Ok, gee sorry to hear that, IG looks they had a better menu, alot more to offer, will look at the smokey menu again, Randi, thought it was good, was just looking one night to eat a little cheaper than some of the resturants i have choosen so far

We make a point to visit both restaurants every visit. We love them both equally. We've always had great food and very good service both places and their prices are very reasonable. Their menus consist of their own family recipes.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

glad to hear Corona, so which one than do u suggest ?

Hi Corona...were you there at Iguana Joes recently. My wife and I went...bad food, good service and the absolute filthiest washrooms ever. Mentioned this to the waiter who laughed and agreed. He said even the staff won't use them. I will not go into a graphic description, but 3rd world would not describe them.

That's a hard one, because the foods are so different. We love the ribs at Smokey Joe's, so if you don't have a good rib place where you live, that might be a good choice. However, you get Caribbean flavor foods at Iguana Joe's. We also like sitting on the balcony overlooking the downtown area. We haven't tried the Iguana Cantina yet, but I believe they have the same or similar menu to Iguana Joe's (I haven't compared menus, so I may very well be mistaken). If we could only go to one, I think we'd pick Iguana Joe's because it's more unique to Aruba.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

I am going to PM you

As for Iguana vs Smokeys, I would go with location. I wouldn't make a special trip to Iguana's. If you find yourself intown, then it would be fine. It does have a nice view, drinks are good, food was average, service irratic based on 4 visits over the years. Haven't been to Smokey's yet, sorry. (We'll be ther 5/16-5/30) Will let ya know.
    I'm looking for a cheaper night also and debating between Smokey Joes and Salt & Pepper during our stay on Palm Beach.

Aruba since 1979
    i like SMOKEY JOES
    not wild about IG JOE but do love their chicken ceasar salad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast