Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Jo-Ann Bar and Restaurant

Jo-Ann Bar and Restaurant is located just past the airport. Turn right off the main road where the sign says "Parkietenbos." Go about 1/4-1/2 mile and it is on the right.

The place recently got a facelift with new sign, paint, and a patio. The food remains good. Go a little early for lunch. I like the pork chop salsa criollo which comes as two thin pork chops smothered in a tangy sweet sauce that's tasty. The complete platter includes a little salad, rice, french fries, fried plantain. Mrs. 44 had the chicken with the sauce on the side. Service is very friendly if a bit slow. Just don't be in a hurry. Spanish and/or Papiamento skills are helpful but not essential.

Photos on the blog at:

Bon dia.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We will stop by and have lunch when we're traveling around the island when we're on the island in March. TY for another great tip.

Excellent . . . a great suggestion for when I go to Arugas to get my BBQ tank filled :-) Thanks SanNic44