Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drtucker1

Thread: July 26, 2014 Fire near Pizza Bob's

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel

July 26, 2014 Fire near Pizza Bob's

We saw a fire near Pizza Bob's last night around 8:30pm. We were hoping to have pizza today for lunch. We haven't been over there yet, but I'll check it out after breakfast and post back. After a relaxing day at the beach and at Sand Bar, we didn't have the energy to walk from the Tara Suites over there to find out. There were several police cars and a fire truck on the scene. Hope everything is OK.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I hope all is ok we always look forward to visiting Pizza Bob's on our trip. It is always very busy both with locals and tourists.

Aruba since 1979
    i searched on 24 ora.com and diario (both in papaimento) so i was hoping for a photo to possibly identify something.........but nothing.
    a couple of fatal car wrecks though

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    We walked over after breakfast and everything looks fine. It must have been a car on the road. The flames were visible from the balcony and smoke was heavy. Might have been one of those car wrecks. Our Sunday tradition of lunch at Pizza Bob's is still alive. Now, if only the weather would get a little better for us. It sprinkled a very little bit in the late afternoon and came a downpour around midnight apparently. Last night was the first time I've seen lightening on Aruba I think. We had some bolts here and there and I was wondering if a tree was hit to cause the fire. I didn't see any damage near that area.

Aruba since 1979
    watching lightning and hearing thunder in aruba is magnificent.
    but when thunder roars, go indoors.

i am glad that you saw no damage to pizza bob's and i hope it was not one of those fatal wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by drtucker1 View Post
    We walked over after breakfast and everything looks fine. It must have been a car on the road. The flames were visible from the balcony and smoke was heavy. Might have been one of those car wrecks. Our Sunday tradition of lunch at Pizza Bob's is still alive. Now, if only the weather would get a little better for us. It sprinkled a very little bit in the late afternoon and came a downpour around midnight apparently. Last night was the first time I've seen lightening on Aruba I think. We had some bolts here and there and I was wondering if a tree was hit to cause the fire. I didn't see any damage near that area.