Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: King Ribs

King Ribs

Hi
    37 more days!!! SOOOOOOOO excited 4th year in a row. We heard so much about King Ribs thought we would give them a try. I hear they are located behind Wendys is that right?? What are their hours??
    Thanks for the info

When we were there in November only open Sat and Sun as I recall. Yes it is on the road behind Wendys. Good ribs and chicken. Mostly take out, but I recal a couple of picnic tables.

How do they compare to smokey joe's ribs? Worth the effort to go get them?

King Ribs, I think are only open on the weekends!! Very good, and it is nice to roam the Flea Market!!!

Dom
    I do not know why some many people rave about Kings Ribs. Although their ribs are OK, I would not go out of my way to have them again. I can make better ribs myself on my BBQ grill.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Leaving for Aruba May 27th and have plans to stop at King Ribs for take out one night while we are there. Can anyone tell me the texture of the ribs? Are they fall off of the bone tender or are they a little tougher. I know different people enjoy the both ways...

Unlike places that boil their ribs before putting them on the grill (such as Tony Roma's), King Ribs actually slow-grills them over coals -- you can see and smell the BBQ meats cooking! Therefore, the meat needs to be (slightly) chewed off the bone. If the meat falls off even before you bite into it, beware -- they've probably been bolied first for expediency.

Another great dish at King Ribs is their T-Bone steak -- also cooked on a charcoal grill. It's amazingly delicious and perhaps the cheapest steak on the island!

Quote Originally Posted by tds-ken View Post
    King Ribs, I think are only open on the weekends!! Very good, and it is nice to roam the Flea Market!!!
    Love the ribs .......and the FLEA MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input Lobe, I can't wait to try them!