Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AhhAruba

Thread: The Kitchen, Red Fish, Bingo, Feng Shun, Yen Yen and La Granja

The Kitchen, Red Fish, Bingo, Feng Shun, Yen Yen and La Granja

The Kitchen - We really like the new pay per kilo lunch buffet option and ate there 3 times. My husband is a meat eater, I am a salad eater and we both were happy with the choices. We wanted to try their new wood oven pizza they make for dinner but never made it back at night to try it. There is always next time.

Red Fish - We went for dinner one night. We walked in and immediately noticed the only customers were tourists. That is always a red flag for us. If the locals don't like it then it either isn't good or it is over priced. The seating area is so dark it is hard to see what you are eating. That said this might be a strategic move on their part. The fish was practically inedible. So full of bones and cartilage like stuff I ended up eating french fries and plantains for dinner. If you must try it do it during the daylight but I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Bingo - This is always a must stop for us. I always get the Salad of the Sea. My husband got a burger. We both enjoyed it with a few Heineken beers.

Feng Shun - The place is always full of locals and we ate there twice. Both meals were really good and reasonably priced. Cold Balashi for $3.50 AWG ($1.95 US). The owners spent quite a bit of time talking to us which was very nice. Anthony said he doesn't get many tourists in there which is a shame because the food was very tasty, the place nicely decorated and everything was very very clean. Anthony's wife brought around a sample plate of one of their dishes for everyone to try which was a very nice touch. They were very gracious to their customers which we really liked.

Yen Yen Restaurant - This is a normal hang out for us. The beer is very cold and only $3 AWG for a Balashi ($1.67 US). We ate there twice and enjoyed it both times. This is another place where the locals frequent and they do a large take out business. We went there several times just for a beer or two and we were always the only tourists.

La Granja - We eat there every time we get to Aruba. Very tasty rotisserie chicken, yellow rice and potatoes that feeds us for two meals for a very reasonable price. This was the first time we saw other tourists there. Get there early because they get very busy at lunch.

Thanks for the awesome reviews! Love the idea of gauging a place by the ratio of tourists & locals
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ