Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By act1966

Thread: The Kitchen Table by White - October 2015

The Kitchen Table by White - October 2015

Urvin Croes, the head chef and owner of "The Kitchen Table", is creating a level of food that would be renowned in any city/country but, lucky for us, he's right here in Aruba.

How's that for an opener? LOL

The location is directly in front of the Blue Residences - the restaurant has a beautiful roof top patio that has stunning views of the sea. We started up there with a few glasses of champagne and did a meet/greet with the other guests for the night.

The style of dining is sixteen people around an open kitchen. Five cooks with Urvin prepare a meal unlike anything we've ever had before. The menu changes on a regular basis based on local availability of ingredients. The menu we enjoyed was focused on flavours of the Caribbean. There's an optional wine pairing to go with the eight course meal (of which they also offer vegetarian). Here's the menu we dined on:

The Kitchen Table by White - October 2015-img_2812.jpg

The wild combinations alone are worth the price of entry. And the presentation was spectacular - every detail has been thought through. To see the chefs at work was inspiring. Words can't describe how great this meal was. The staff were attentive and well-versed in food and wine.

The Spouse is deaf in one ear and Urwin, after announcing each course to the group, would come over and restate the item/ingredients/theme for us.

Truly a spectacular experience and we'll definitely be going again for another new menu.

Now, the price: it wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination BUT we've certainly paid A LOT more for a lot less and this was worth every penny (in our minds), the wines and champagne were incredible - beautiful selection:

Two people, eight course meal, four glasses of champagne, two Prosecco, four glasses of sauvignon blanc from New Zealand, three glasses of French Malbec and gratuity - $388 USD - You can go for a lot less if you skip/limit the liquor... the food is worth it!

Truly memorable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Kitchen Table by White - October 2015-img_2812.jpg  

This is definitely on our list for the next trip. Menu looks amazing. We just dined here in Minneapolis last week at a French restaurant and did the 7 course chef's tasting menu - I'm always amazed at the flavor combinations they can create along with the presentation. We've been to 2 Fools and Carte Blanche several times but would like to try this one on our next trip.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    This is definitely on our list for the next trip. Menu looks amazing. We just dined here in Minneapolis last week at a French restaurant and did the 7 course chef's tasting menu - I'm always amazed at the flavor combinations they can create along with the presentation. We've been to 2 Fools and Carte Blanche several times but would like to try this one on our next trip.
    I suspect you'll love it, Amy. Hopefully they'll still be doing curry flavoured ice cream - I initially went, "Ewww..." But ended up almost licking the plate! LOL

I'd suggest seats in the middle of the row so you get full view of the chefs and prep.

Sounds amazing!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sounds great
    interesting concept
    maybe far to much for me to eat

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Sounds great
    interesting concept
    maybe far to much for me to eat
    It wasn't overwhelming from a size perspective... more like large tapas. We were definitely full at the end but not grossly so.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks
    sounds wonderful

and i bet the relaxed (longer) dining experience was a nice treat since you have been so very busy with your house stuff

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Urvin Croes, the head chef and owner of "The Kitchen Table", is creating a level of food that would be renowned in any city/country but, lucky for us, he's right here in Aruba.

How's that for an opener? LOL

The location is directly in front of the Blue Residences - the restaurant has a beautiful roof top patio that has stunning views of the sea. We started up there with a few glasses of champagne and did a meet/greet with the other guests for the night.

The style of dining is sixteen people around an open kitchen. Five cooks with Urvin prepare a meal unlike anything we've ever had before. The menu changes on a regular basis based on local availability of ingredients. The menu we enjoyed was focused on flavours of the Caribbean. There's an optional wine pairing to go with the eight course meal (of which they also offer vegetarian). Here's the menu we dined on:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2812.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	4444

The wild combinations alone are worth the price of entry. And the presentation was spectacular - every detail has been thought through. To see the chefs at work was inspiring. Words can't describe how great this meal was. The staff were attentive and well-versed in food and wine.

The Spouse is deaf in one ear and Urwin, after announcing each course to the group, would come over and restate the item/ingredients/theme for us.

Truly a spectacular experience and we'll definitely be going again for another new menu.

Now, the price: it wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination BUT we've certainly paid A LOT more for a lot less and this was worth every penny (in our minds), the wines and champagne were incredible - beautiful selection:

Two people, eight course meal, four glasses of champagne, two Prosecco, four glasses of sauvignon blanc from New Zealand, three glasses of French Malbec and gratuity - $388 USD - You can go for a lot less if you skip/limit the liquor... the food is worth it!

Truly memorable.

Forgot one thing: Urwin came around to each couple after the meal and wrote a note on menus for two free cocktails at White Modern - nice! I see those fantastic mango mojitos in my very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    It wasn't overwhelming from a size perspective... more like large tapas. We were definitely full at the end but not grossly so.
    We have found the same at similar restaurants. The portions are small but give you enough of a taste to enjoy and start looking forward to the next one. I always leave feeling satisfied but not overly full (which I hate.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks
    sounds wonderful

and i bet the relaxed (longer) dining experience was a nice treat since you have been so very busy with your house stuff
    Yes, it was nice to relax for a few hours... and all the wine didn't hurt either!