Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

LG Smith's

I heard so much great stuff about LG's last year and not so many people raving this year. On the steak poll no one even voted for it. I made reservations there for my friend's 30th bday and now I'm not sure if we should go. We also have reservations for other nights for el guacho and madame janette's. So should we still go to LG's or no???

Quote Originally Posted by coolchickie76 View Post
    I heard so much great stuff about LG's last year and not so many people raving this year. On the steak poll no one even voted for it. I made reservations there for my friend's 30th bday and now I'm not sure if we should go. We also have reservations for other nights for el guacho and madame janette's. So should we still go to LG's or no???
    Chickie - there are only 10 votes on that poll - hardly a good sample yet. I have never been to L G Smiths but have heard lots of good things about it. (I don't like El Gaucho at all).

The thing is - are you sure you want to do two steak houses? If yes, then I would keep your choices. Else not.

Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
    Chickie - there are only 10 votes on that poll - hardly a good sample yet. I have never been to L G Smiths but have heard lots of good things about it. (I don't like El Gaucho at all).

The thing is - are you sure you want to do two steak houses? If yes, then I would keep your choices. Else not.
    And I thought I was the only person who doesn't like El Gaucho. Aside from the fact that we always get seated upstairs (despite specific requests for a table downstairs when making reservations), I don't like the steak. Maybe it's the spices used in its' preparation, I don't know, but I've had better steaks in any number of other restaurants on the island.

Banned

El Gaucho's

I went to El Gaucho's a couple of years ago for the first time and I wasn't impressed, all the sides were cold and the place had a reverberating echo throughout, I'm contemplating taking my sister this year because she has never been there before, but I'm a little gunshy. I usually frequent Madam Jeannettes, the French Steakhouse or Chalet Suisse, I might visit LG Smith's this year because I have never been, I just hate jockying for a parking spot downtown.

I actually thought 2 steakhouses would be too much but we actually did like El Guacho last year so we thought we'd keep it on the list and then when I heard people say LG's was good, i thought we'd try it too, especially since Marriott has that great deal for the 4 course meal for 2 for $99 on their website (figured we cant go wrong and save some $$). But your also right about not alot of people voting on the the steakhouse thread yet but even just in people's favorite restaurants last year I noticed more people voting for LG's and not so many this year! But I'll keep the reservations and see what we think and then either never go again or put it on our go back to list! Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    I went to El Gaucho's a couple of years ago for the first time and I wasn't impressed, all the sides were cold and the place had a reverberating echo throughout, I'm contemplating taking my sister this year because she has never been there before, but I'm a little gunshy. I usually frequent Madam Jeannettes, the French Steakhouse or Chalet Suisse, I might visit LG Smith's this year because I have never been, I just hate jockying for a parking spot downtown.
    Ask the Renaissance (L.G.), they used to have valet parking. Now, if it's free, I don't know... Might be...
    The echos at El Gaucho are not noticable upstairs.
    Happy dinners!

Just returned yesterday and had dinner at LG Smith and El Gaucho. We enjoy both very much. Completely different dining experiences and you could order different types of meats.
    At El Gaucho, we always get the Argentinian Gaucho steak. It is nice that you get to select 3 sides. Steakhouse atmosphere and can get quite noisy. We go by 7pm then go across the street to Garufas for drinks and enjoy the music.

LG Smith is in a contemporary setting, more finer dining with nice water views. If you like rack of lamb, they have one of the best in Aruba. Hubby had the ribeye and enjoyed it very much. Good, attentive service. We always take taxis to anyplace in town since it is difficult to find parking.

We are one of the few who had a unpleasant experience at Madame Janette a few years ago. living in Florida, we don't really care about eating outside. The night we went, there was no breeze and it was soooo hot outside, service was slow, flys pestering us, we could not enjoy the meal. There were others who felt the same way that particular night. Do plan to try them again.

Other places to consider by the low rise would be LeDome or Chalet Suisse. Both are very consistant. LeDome is my favorite on the island. We went 3 times on this visit and had the Chateaubriand and their Filet Mignon. Both cuts were perfectly prepared and the potato croquettes are addictive. We celebrated our anniversary there.
    So many great restaurants, not enough nights! Good luck.

I Liked LG's, but I loved El Gaucho......
    I am sure you will enjoy either one!

Smile LG's

Love the surf and turf at LG's! My wife and I are looking forward to another great dining experience when we return in three weeks.

Iguana Joe's, Miss the Natural Bridge, Butterfly Farm
    We went to El Gaucho and was not that impressed at all.
    Mike M

Pool Side in

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast