Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: La Terrazza Italiana

La Terrazza Italiana

I've been reading some great reviews on this restaurant via trip advisor and as some of you know, I had a great experience as well. Today I read a horrible review on trip advisor and I was in shock. It was actually a very insulting review. Someone ordered steaks and said it tasted like it was marinated in ammonia. I'm like huh? If that were true why didn't they speak up?

They do go around several times asking if everything is ok so I don't know why people don't speak up. Like the conversation I had with the host at Bavaria. He said he goes around a few times asking if the meal is ok and people nod yes and every once in a while to his surprise one of those people post a bad review on trip advisor when he could have made things right if they spoke up.

While they do have steaks at La Terrazza, it is an italian restaurant. Meaning, If I was in the mood for steaks, I would go to Matthews, or MJ, Chalett Suisse etc. Not making any excuses but just saying they specialize in Italian food. Although when I was there, they were cooking some steaks that smelled good to me.

You're right, you have to speak up.

On the other hand, if steak is on the menu, it has to meet (meat?) a certain standard regardless of what type of restaurant it is.

It's a shame when people post really harsh reviews. I don't think they realize the impact it has, but then again maybe they do. I think most people tend to disregard the really harsh reviews as well as the overly glowing ones. LeTerraza seems to be gaining in popularity so I wouldn't worry too much.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We have eaten there twice, both times were during their soft opening. It was slightly disorganized but the food was wonderful. I have every intention of going back. The sunset was great.

I wonder if they have more tables? When we were there, there were only like 6 or 7 tables. Can you make reservations by email? I only noticed by phone.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    You're right, you have to speak up.

On the other hand, if steak is on the menu, it has to meet (meat?) a certain standard regardless of what type of restaurant it is.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    We have eaten there twice, both times were during their soft opening. It was slightly disorganized but the food was wonderful. I have every intention of going back. The sunset was great.

I wonder if they have more tables? When we were there, there were only like 6 or 7 tables. Can you make reservations by email? I only noticed by phone.
    Yes I made my reservation by email to the owner/chef and she responded the following day. There are only 6 or 7 tables as you described. They do have room for more and the nice round bar makes it tempting for me to go there for just cocktails and appetizers when I'm staying in the area which is always.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    ArubaAce, do you happen to have their email? I couldn't find it, just the phone number. Thanks

I think they are just feeling their way. They need to hire more people and put more tables. Its a beautiful venue for a restaurant. And I agree, the bar is beautiful, great place to have a drink & watch the sunset. But I was wondering since the tables are all on one side & the other side of the bar is empty, maybe they only rent out the one side and the other side is for the guests of Paradise Beach.
    Last edited by gaby; 07-06-2016 at 06:13 AM. Reason: additional info

Always speak up. There is no reason not too. Constructive criticism can only help you both - the guest & the business!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    La Terrazza Italiana-13423708_10208597337045058_2778780556640843495_n.jpg danadog click thumbnail for email and phone

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Steak is not the only thing that can taste like ammonia. We got lobster at El Gaucho that did and we sent it back and got another one just like it. We do not do sea food there anymore. My SIL worked as a butcher for years and he said that some places try to extend the shelf life of certain meats with chemicals and that in many cases the taste comes through. Probably a good idea to order only the type of food the restaurant is known for. You don't order Chinese at a Mexican restaurant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast