Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AUA1989

Thread: La Trattoria

Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach

La Trattoria

Sorry, I'm a little slow posting. Darn life happenings get in the way.

Mid-day on Wed, 4/8 we made reservations for dinner at La Trattoria, the restaurant at the lighthouse. We hadn't eaten there since the 90s and it has changed since then, so this was a new place for us.

We arrived early and had a drink at the bar. They had a wonderful Sangria. I am finding that sangria has taken on a whole new meaning. Here is what I believe it was originally:
    Sangria is a typical beverage from Spain and Portugal. It normally consists of wine, chopped fruit, a sweetener, and a small amount of added brandy".

Many places now consider it a cocktail and include all sorts of liquors in it. I've had them with schnapps, rum, triple sec and fruit liquor, fruit juice, Sprite... You put it with wine and call it sangria.

I ordered the Chicken alla Vodka with roasted peppers and DH ordered Gorganzola Tenderloin. Both were excellent. The chicken dish tasted like my favorite dish at a restaurant near home, and the tenderloin was also excellent. I took part of my dinner back to the hotel and the chicken was excellent on a sandwich the next day.

This is a place that you really get to enjoy the sunset and is definitely worth going!!!
    La Trattoria-sangria.jpg

So glad to hear a positive review
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Senior Frog's, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Good to know as we are going back as well. We last ate there probably close to 7 years/trips ago. Thanks for the review! Cheers
    9th trip to Aruba in

I've seen that the reviews are spotty but we went there last year for a corporate dinner and it was awesome. I figure if you can make dinner for a hundred people (limited menu) you should be able to handle the regular business. Of course, maybe it was the open bar that makes me remember it so fondly!