• 1 Post By hatteras
  • 1 Post By brady bear
  • 1 Post By Jayshea
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By ArubaAce
  • 1 Post By act1966

Thread: Lazy afternoon at West Deck

Lazy afternoon at West Deck

We finally made it to West Deck and settled in very comfortably for a lazy afternoon. I just love this kind of place. They have a nice variety of appetizers and it's perfect for grazing away the afternoon. We sat on the deck and watched the planes come in for landing. The water views were beautiful with colorful boats tied up along the shores. The Pelicans were taking turns landing on them while swallowing a big fish they just caught or curling up for a nap. Perfect photo op. The staff was friendly and efficient with just 2 people serving tables; they seemed to be keeping everyone happy. I liked that they had a variety of nonalcoholic drinks listed for the nondrinkers. I, however, went with the sangria, delicious!! We ordered the West Indian Samosas, Fried Calamari and Ribs. Tom was so into the ribs he got a second order! I've never seen him enjoy anything more. He was even tempted to get a third!! For dessert Tom went with Carmel ice cream and I had banana. West Deck is one restaurant we definitely will go back to.

Great description, Peg. The scene sounds right up our alley!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Glad to hear you are having such a nice trip. We love the vibe and the food at West Deck.

Loving it.. Tell Tom to please have extra for me..
    And please have a drink for me too..

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We finally made it to West Deck and settled in very comfortably for a lazy afternoon. I just love this kind of place. They have a nice variety of appetizers and it's perfect for grazing away the afternoon. We sat on the deck and watched the planes come in for landing. The water views were beautiful with colorful boats tied up along the shores. The Pelicans were taking turns landing on them while swallowing a big fish they just caught or curling up for a nap. Perfect photo op. The staff was friendly and efficient with just 2 people serving tables; they seemed to be keeping everyone happy. I liked that they had a variety of nonalcoholic drinks listed for the nondrinkers. I, however, went with the sangria, delicious!! We ordered the West Indian Samosas, Fried Calamari and Ribs. Tom was so into the ribs he got a second order! I've never seen him enjoy anything more. He was even tempted to get a third!! For dessert Tom went with Carmel ice cream and I had banana. West Deck is one restaurant we definitely will go back to.

We were at The West Deck last week for dinner and we really enjoyed it also. We got a bucket of Balashi Chill-6 in their bucket unlike most who give you 5! We got the Sate,coconut shrimp,Indian Samosas and a salad with all sorts of berries in it. We enjoyed everything and I even got a yummy slice of Key Lime pie- all were delicious! Chatted with a Dutch couple who were visiting the island for the first time- husband said he would love to retire there.they were very interesting to talk with. We would definitely return to this restaurant!

We absolutely love west Deck. You go Tom!!!

Thanks for the report. I'm looking to go to West Deck for lunch next week.

Aruba since 1979
    lazy days are the best
    lazy days at west deck are better than the best!

Peg: sounds awesome! I could use some laying about!