Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Le Dome, cost?

Le Dome, cost?

I am a discerning foodie from NYC and love finding little hole in the wall places and fun places to eat that reflect the local cuisine. But I was thinking I would splurge one night on our trip and eat at Le Dome. Can anyone tell me around how much the food is? And is it worth the money, in terms of quality of food? Ambience is not a huge factor, I care more about the food. If you think I can get Belgian food just as good in NYC, then please mention that as well.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I only dined at Le Dome once last year. Both me and my friend enjoyed our meal very much. Here's the prices.
    LE DOME - MENU
    LE DOME - WEBSITE
    If you decide to go to Le Dome, long pants for men is required to dine inside. Shorts are o.k. if you dine on the outside patio.

Thanks for that link! I couldn't find prices on their website. That helps a lot

I am not sure how their food is now. While we were in Aruba we heard the past owners are now in the new mall across from the Holiday Inn.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    I am not sure how their food is now. While we were in Aruba we heard the past owners are now in the new mall across from the Holiday Inn.
    Yes, http://www.aruba.com/forum/f12/taste-belgium-bistro-29223/

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    yes there are new owners.. my wife and i usually would go twice during our two week stay in aruba but now we don't go at all..the service has changed..the new owners just don't get that when you are paying top dollar for brunch or dinner you really don't need to hear screaming children throughout your entire meal..i understand kids got to eat too but le dome really isn't a little kids type of restaurant(0-5 years old)..also all the little special things the old owners used to do they have given up on..i wish them good luck but there are restaurants on the island that are just as good if not better..
    scott and tricia

We ate at Le Dome in October and had a very nice experience. We opted for a fixed price four course menu. I want to say it was about $60 per person for that option. You could dine for less when choosing a regular entree but of course if you add an appetizer and/or soup or salad then the cost would be close to this fixed menu price. We were impressed with the food and service and would consider this in our top 3 list of restaurants and we ate out 5-6 nights. I would highly recommend Screaming Eagle. The food was outstanding and the decor and feel was very modern where as Le Dome had a more traditional ambiance.

Le Dome cost

We eat at Le Dome every year, most recently during Christmas time in 2007. I would say the cost can be compared to very good N.J. restaurants. We had filet mignon that was really fantastic! We paid about $100.00-$125.00 (not including the gratuity) for 1 mixed drink, 2 glasses of wine, 1 shared appetizer and 2 filet mignon dinners (which was the best meal we had that week on the island.) Much less expensive than Matilde. The inside decor is of old world (not my taste, but I am there for the food not the decor) and the servers were very pleasant. I prefer the outside porch for a more casual feel. I would definitely choose Le Dome over Madame Jeanette's. M.J's is more fun but the food is better at Le Dome (just my opinion of course.)

Kteacher