Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: LG Smith

LG Smith

Even though we liked it in the past we haven’t been in a few years so we decided it was time to go back. We both pretty much knew what we wanted before we went in but listened politely as the server tried his best to upsell us for a good 5 minutes. I was starting to find it comical,Tom was getting annoyed. I ordered the filet mignon which was okay. The server wanted me to cut it right away to see if it was cooked properly. I obliged but would have preferred to let it rest a few minutes. Sweet potato wedges were quite good. Tom had the ribs that he said were okay but not very tender.

The real reason for going here was they served the best apple pie. I was looking forward to it and it was still on the menu, yea!!! Then it came to the table. It wasn’t the same. It wasn’t even pie but rather an apple crisp sort of thing. I didn’t say anything just ate a bit and decided it wasn’t worth the calories. The server commented it must have been too much. I just told him it wasn’t what I was expecting nor was it the same as what was served in the past. His response was yea it’s different. So, I just don’t see us running back.

Aruba since 1979
    Oh I am sorry it was somewhat disappointing

It didn’t wreck the day!!

Glad it didn't wreck the day, but still wish it was a little better!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Now I ask you, does this look like apple pie. Would you say anything if you ordered apple pie and this is what you were served.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG Smith-914f89e6-899d-456f-a938-8ad9099f9d49.jpg  

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Now I ask you, does this look like apple pie. Would you say anything if you ordered apple pie and this is what you were served.
    IMO, it looks absolute delicious! The pan is a bit unusual but it's probably to ensure that the apple pie is served warm which is the best. Like fresh out of the oven!

It looks probably different what you get in the US, it reminds me of the European version, the way my Mom made her apply pie. On top, it looks like there are some "streusel" (a mixture of flour, sugar and butter) and a touch of cinnamon. Our local HEB here in Texas sells at the moment a similar version which they call "Danish Apple pie". It's soooo good!

The apple pie you got with some vanilla ice cream and some apple sauce on the side... I think I would skip dinner and would go straight for the dessert! Twice!

Aruba since 1979
    looks unappealing (jmo)
    if i ordered apple pie, and expected this LG Smith-450739739.jpg and got what you got, i would be disappointed. (and i am being polite)

what did the menu list it as?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post

Aruba since 1979
    duplicate
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-16-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    looks unappealing (jmo)
    if i ordered apple pie, and expected this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450739739.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	7078 and got what you got, i would be disappointed. (and i am being polite)

what did the menu list it as?
    It was as listed as warm apple pie. That is exactly what they used to serve. I didn’t eat it and told them why. They did not take it off the bill and I didn’t add any additional tip to the service charge

If it were described as a warm apple CRISP I would have expected just that. Not pie.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast