Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: lobster

lobster

Last night we ate at the old man in the sea great food but can anyone tell me where the best lobster on the island is that seemed a lil pricy at 65 us dollers for one lobster.

or is that the best place for lobster?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by leonen154 View Post
    or is that the best place for lobster?
    Ah, I am thinking you are in the wrong place for lobsters...how about maine?
    Try some of the fish they catch there...and hit the seafood places: Wacky Wahoo, Crab House, Marina Pirata, others will chime in for their ideas.
    Enjoy your stay, I know you've been posting along time waiting for your trip.

Aruba since 1979
    yup
    my house
    can get them at either $2.99 or $3.99 per lb

for $65 can steam up a mess of them

but waterville maine is a far cry from aruba.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Ah, I am thinking you are in the wrong place for lobsters...how about maine?
    Try some of the fish they catch there...and hit the seafood places: Wacky Wahoo, Crab House, Marina Pirata, others will chime in for their ideas.
    Enjoy your stay, I know you've been posting along time waiting for your trip.

Agree with CindyO....go for the local fish. Add Driftwood to her list.

If you must have lobster, try the Carribean variety....but, still pricey.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

We just got home from Aruba last week - we ate at The Pelican Nest (over the water by the Holiday Inn) - we had Caribbean lobster tail (10 oz) for $55. It was fantastic! The service was splendid. This was our splurge dinner and well worth it!

Kathy

Best place for great Carribean lobster for a great price is the Buccaneer. The only problem I have with the lobster in Aruba is they serve it with hot oil which stinks. Ask for real melted butter or even better melted garlic butter! There is a pretty big difference with Maine and Spiny lobster. As far as the tail meat is concerned it's hands down going to the carribean spiny lobster. But....you can't beat the claw meat in the Maine lobsters.

I think they are going for around $2.99pp by me as well. We have a bunch of commercial lobster guys down the docks. Once in a while I'll catch them right when they come in and I'll give them $20 for a bag of claws.
    Last edited by arubamark; 06-30-2009 at 08:18 AM.

Maine for Lobster.
    Marina Pirata for fresh seafood, locally caught by local fishermen.
    7 of us had a wonderful dinner there on the 26th.
    AND a LOT less expensive than OM&TS.

Best lobster tail

Hello Mark- great to see you again even though jus on the board.
    Buccaneer does have great lobsters and today the market price for an 8 oz. Caribbean lobster is $34.00 as well as Lobster Thermidor. The buccaneer lobster is broiled to perfection and then topped with garlic butter and a side of clarified butter. No oil drizzled in this perfect dish.
    When I eat there I always ask for broiled lobster- hold the butter and placed on a bed of fettuccine with clam sauce. Mmmmm.
    Yes you can ask for anything your heart desires.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Munzenhofer View Post
    Hello Mark- great to see you again even though jus on the board.
    Buccaneer does have great lobsters and today the market price for an 8 oz. Caribbean lobster is $34.00 as well as Lobster Thermidor. The buccaneer lobster is broiled to perfection and then topped with garlic butter and a side of clarified butter. No oil drizzled in this perfect dish.
    When I eat there I always ask for broiled lobster- hold the butter and placed on a bed of fettuccine with clam sauce. Mmmmm.
    Yes you can ask for anything your heart desires.
    Hey Ang! I know there is no oil with Buccaneer! Some other places we tried served it that way - no good! I hope all is well see ya in November.