Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".

Lobster Bisque soup in a bread bowl??

Hi there,

My wife had someone recommend a restaurant by the lighthouse that served Lobster Bisque soup in a bread bowl, and told her that it was the best he has ever had (and he is a chef). We cannot for the live of us remember what restaurant that was. I tried doing a search on here but "Lobster Bisque Bread Bowl" came back with nothing. We both love this kind of soup, and we were going to go to this restaurant tomorrow for lunch or so.

If anyone can remember what it is, please get back to me here. I'll be checking in often!

Thanks,
    Johnny

I believe it's at Tierra del Sol (at the golf course). Here's a link to their menu:

http://www.tierradelsol.com/restaurant/dinner_menu.html

Enjoy!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".
    Amy,

Thanks for the link, that place sounds vaguely familiar but I saw on their menu that they have a crab chowder in a bread bowl and a creamy lobster soup with lobster chunks. Sounds like a bisque but nothing about a bread bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyecks View Post
    Amy,

Thanks for the link, that place sounds vaguely familiar but I saw on their menu that they have a crab chowder in a bread bowl and a creamy lobster soup with lobster chunks. Sounds like a bisque but nothing about a bread bowl.
    Restaurants change their menus often but....I don't know. You could always call and ask them.

Only other restaurant near the lighthouse is La Trattoria El Faro Blanco (which is AT the lighthouse) and they don't have anything similar.

Good luck!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Was there not long ago and they still have it at TDS.