Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lobster on the island?

Lobster on the island?

Greetings one and all.

The annual journey is coming up fast, and this time we'll be doing the timeshare thing, which means cooking for myself and the Lady. Normally that wouldn't be an issue because I'd find a way to cook and eat burgers and fish and all that relatively normal stuff. However, it seems that something's happened/happening to my metabolism and red meat seems to be a not-so-good idea lately.

So much for that steak dinner I was looking forward to, and 5 Guys/Burgers, or whatever they're called this week.

Also, about 10 years ago a late-developed allergy to fish, as in white fish of any kind, came up. So, to that end, I guess I'm just going to have to "suffer" and eat ribs (yes indeed, King Ribs is on the menu!, just gotta get there... does anyone know if they deliver?) and/or lobster/shrimp/crab.

Any recommendations?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Wanta laugh...Flew one year to aruba, while watching them load cargo outside thru the windows at the airport we saw crates marked MAINE LOBSTER....
    We stayed at the Renn and saw signs that said Maine Lobster avail tonite....yah, baby, we flew with them !
    Anyway, Pinchos has a great seafood skewer of 5 different types of fish...really good, and really fresh.

Aruba since 1979
    LAVISTA restaurant @ the Marriott Hotel (not the timeshares) has a wonderful seafood buffet with Caribbean lobster tails on WED evenings.
    It is about $50 pp and is well worth the $$$.

Although not New England or Canadian Maritime lobster, it is wonderful nonetheless and very good. The night we were there, there was also a good selection of white fish (a no no for you) but also beautiful grilled salmon with a honey mustard glaze. AND..... spiral ham and a big hunk of beef........my husband called the beef a "steamship round" whatever that was..........but, I had 4 lobster tails and was as happy as a pig in "you know what".
    The salads and veggies and desserts were awesome.
    I had to be rolled out the door ;-)

Aruba since 1979
    One of our members, now deceased, a man named ED, from Maine was the importer of the lobster from Maine.
    He owned a lobstering business in the Biddeford, Maine area.
    He was the only Maine lobster supplier in Aruba during the 90's til the early 2000s.

Danki... greatly appreciated.

I've been told that the Caribbean lobster has a "sweeter" flavour than what those of us in northern climes are used to. Something to look forward to I'd say...

And while I'm on the subject of food, I'd like to say thanks for the posted "shopping list". As much as we pretty much know what we'll need on the island, it's always good to have some recommendations. You never know what you're going to forget. Last year it was suntan lotion, resulting in a bit of a burn on the first day from walking along the beach to go buy, you got it, suntan lotion.

Never going to do that again...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Mr Ratt, if you are going to be preparing any of your own fish or seafood, there is great info at the threads http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/fres...ht%20fish.html

Also for eat-in or take out The Kitchen
    http://www.thekitchenaruba.com/ is supposed to be excellent. Some rave reviews here The Kitchen

Andrea -- do you know if La Vista has kids prices for their Lobster Buffet? I would love to try it but my 3 year old would never eat $50 worth of food
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    LAVISTA restaurant @ the Marriott Hotel (not the timeshares) has a wonderful seafood buffet with Caribbean lobster tails on WED evenings.
    It is about $50 pp and is well worth the $$$.

Although not New England or Canadian Maritime lobster, it is wonderful nonetheless and very good. The night we were there, there was also a good selection of white fish (a no no for you) but also beautiful grilled salmon with a honey mustard glaze. AND..... spiral ham and a big hunk of beef........my husband called the beef a "steamship round" whatever that was..........but, I had 4 lobster tails and was as happy as a pig in "you know what".
    The salads and veggies and desserts were awesome.
    I had to be rolled out the door ;-)

Aruba since 1979
    i have no idea if there are children's pricing for the buffet.
    sorry :-(
    there is the alacarte menu too and i would bet there is a children's menu on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin113 View Post
    Andrea -- do you know if La Vista has kids prices for their Lobster Buffet? I would love to try it but my 3 year old would never eat $50 worth of food

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Andrea,
    As many times as we've been to the Marriott, we never tried Lavista. Is the buffet on Wednesdays only?

Here's a link through Dine Aruba for La Vista (This is for Wed night. Saturday is also a seafood night.):

http://dinearuba.com/La_Vista_Restau...od_Buffet.aspx

You can also check out the other buffet menus for La Vista here:

http://dinearuba.com/Palm_Beach_Restaurants_Aruba.aspx

Kristin, according to the menu on the link, children under five are free, and children five to 12 are charged a reduced price.
    Last edited by corona; 02-04-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast