Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Local coffee

Thumbs up Local coffee

I'm a Starbucks dark coffee drinker at home and starting to shake at the thought of being without my early morning Bucks fix. Not that I can't GO to Starbucks, but I usually have a cup in me before I face the world in the morning ... it's better for everyone involved this way.

Any recommendations for coffee to purchase for a morning cup in the hotel coffee maker? I see in my notes that Andrea already suggested 'Douwe Egbert' a while back. Any others?

Can you bring Starbuck's pre-ground with you?

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Can you bring Starbuck's pre-ground with you?
    Absolutely! I just thought if there was something local that I should give a try, I'd mix it up a bit.

Starbuck's Via are awesome little things! That's what I brought down with me last trip.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by CDNJehn View Post
    Absolutely! I just thought if there was something local that I should give a try, I'd mix it up a bit.
    Ah, sorry, I misunderstood: I thought you were worried about not being able to make Starbucks in your hotel room/timeshare.

Strangely, I don't drink coffee when in Aruba... I seem to not need it unless I'm at work... where I drink waaaaaay too much.

Aruba since 1979
    douwe egbert is terrific

Quote Originally Posted by CDNJehn View Post
    I'm a Starbucks dark coffee drinker at home and starting to shake at the thought of being without my early morning Bucks fix. Not that I can't GO to Starbucks, but I usually have a cup in me before I face the world in the morning ... it's better for everyone involved this way.

Any recommendations for coffee to purchase for a morning cup in the hotel coffee maker? I see in my notes that Andrea already suggested 'Douwe Egbert' a while back. Any others?
    Love Douwe Egberts - always bring some back with me. My other favorite is Smit & Dorlas.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    There are Starbucks on the island if you really need a fix. There is at least one on Palm Beach and another under the downtown Renaissance next to where you catch the boat for Ren Island.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We are dunks fans here. Always bring a ground lb in our lg suitcase so it goes in the belly of the plane. Starbucks and anything else is like jet fuel to me.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look for those two kinds mentioned...and I've mapped the route from our hotel to Starbucks, just in case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast