Like Tree15Likes
  • 6 Post By act1966
  • 4 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister
  • 4 Post By schexc

Thread: Local Store - March 2016

In the pool.

Local Store - March 2016

A few years ago our neighbour in Toronto suggested we go out for dinner and recommended a sports bar called "Morgan's". "Um... okay..." with visions of Cheez Whiz nachos and crappy draft beer dancing in my head. Wow. It's one of our favourite restaurants and we go on a regular basis - don't judge a book by its cover. The chef at "Morgan's" does a stupendous job with pub food.

When we started hearing a little buzz about the wings at "Local Store" (, my first instinct was, again, to think, "Ugh... a bar where we normally have a drink before going to 2 Fools and a Bull?!?" But then The Spouse said, "Morgan's" and we were off.

And am I ever glad we did: we were greeted at the door by our waiter (and I feel terrible that I can't remember his name) who complimented me on my attempt at Papiamento, the interior is what I'd describe as "upscale pub" and we grabbed a table under one of the giant-screen televisions. Cool music coming lightly through the speakers. We had perused the menu online so had a pretty good idea of what we wanted. Ordered a martini for The Spouse and a craft beer from Kentucky (something "lemongrass") for me - it was quite good - and then ordered our food.

Wow. They ARE the best wings on the island - and we make some pretty mean wings at home on the barbecue. The flavours were incredible. We ordered:

Garlic Parmesan Wings (fresh garlic in olive oil, parmesan cheese and basil)

Local Store - March 2016-garlicparm.jpg

"Dude Latino" wings (at the recommendation of our waiter) - chipotle bbq sauce made with Balashi, cilantro:

Local Store - March 2016-dude.jpg

Fresh Made Salt & Pepper Potato Chips (with sirracha mayo dipping sauce):

Local Store - March 2016-chips.jpg

And, just to make sure our transition to full pigs was complete, Loaded French Fries - topped with cheddar cheese, bacon and scallions and served with sour cream and jalapeņos. Oy.

Local Store - March 2016-cheesefries.jpg

The wings were juicy and tender (the chef is definitely using a brine before cooking) and they're doing everything right - but, if you're afraid of flavour, you might want to get the "Naked" wings. You'll be missing out though! And don't even get me started on the fresh potato chips... OINK!!!!!

We love, love, LOVE this place. The service was perfect and the ambiance was a lot of fun.

A bit of a wistful glance over at "2 Fools" as we were leaving though - we could hear everyone having a good time on their back patio as we were heading out.

We'll definitely be back.
    Last edited by act1966; 03-04-2016 at 07:07 AM.

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Now that's how you write a review! We definitely need to add this to our list.

West Deck in the afternoon
    The wings look great. I can see us going there next trip!

Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    We've been to the Local Store a few times and have always enjoyed their food and drinks. Nice review act!

We went there shortly after they had just opened at this location. At the time we were heavy into craft beers and spent a few
    hours there on a warm afternoon. I don't remember that much about what I ate, but the wife say's not to repeat what I yelled while downing my big fat cheese burger as the expletive's might get us booted off of the forum. The clean was great!

OMG the beer list! This will be a must stop.

This is one place I will go to... OMG can you tell I am excited.
    DS has no idea and haven't told my DH yet.
    Will tell them on Robert's graduation day. Give each a card with all the details.

The burgers on their page look great!

And the loaded fries - wow!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ