Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Locals hangout?

Locals hangout?

Las February I took the family to Baby Beach and along thee way I saw various eateries. My wife thought I was crazy to step foot in these and maybe I am but I wanted to eat some authentic Aruban food from the actual Aruban neighborhood. I am just looking for a place to go in, and grab some takeout food. I know Aruba is generally safe but am I pushing it too far stopping at one of these places? Thanks for your help!

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Not at all! Try Zeerovers. It is between Old Man And The Sea and Flying Fishbones. The freshest fish and the locals are very very nice. Not to mention the view from your table. You can do take out if you like, but you should experience the atmosphere.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Zeerovers sounds PERFECT....I will be eating large! Thanks so much for your help. This site is awesome. I wish I had been on here before my last trip to Aruba in February!

Thanks for the thread Arubalisa...I have some reading to do!
    Last edited by ArubaRookie; 06-29-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    why would she think you were crazy to go into these places?most of them are awesome and inexpensive.

a really cool take out lunch place is Hot Take Away, next door to Amadeus Restaurant.

an awesome supper place and evening bar where the locals go is Cafe Capri, which is about 100 yds beyond Amadeus/Hot Take Away.

enjoy the local places for a whole different take on really cool food experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaRookie View Post
    Las February I took the family to Baby Beach and along thee way I saw various eateries. My wife thought I was crazy to step foot in these and maybe I am but I wanted to eat some authentic Aruban food from the actual Aruban neighborhood. I am just looking for a place to go in, and grab some takeout food. I know Aruba is generally safe but am I pushing it too far stopping at one of these places? Thanks for your help!

For lots of local info, including driving directions to the places I happen to like to eat in Aruba, see my blog, www.bentpage.net.

My favorites are Casa Vieja, Sultan, JoAnn Snack, and when they re-open soon, Hollywood Smokehouse, which will be at a new location.

Plenty of photos and videos on the blog, just go through the Aruba local flavor category.

Bon dia, enjoy your visit.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

San Nic is the best at discovering all the hidden gems. I have tried many of his reccomendations. I love finding spots where 2 people can get a GREAT meal for about 20 dollars,.

when we go out for a ride on the island we stop at locals restaurants all the time...and have never had a problem...more often we end up having a blast....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

ArubaRookie, as a student I worked/lived on an other Dutch island and I am familiar with Antillian and Surinam culture, and I can tell you one thing: they are the cleanest people I know. Very precise with personal hygiene (vanity is a good thing! ;-) and food. So I expect the same of Arubans and I feel very confident eating at small sneks/ take aways/ restaurants.

Btw I am looking for small local restaurants/ take aways around Tanki Flip. Suggestions are welcome!
    Down south around St. Nicolaas I indeed saw many places I would like to try out,

SanNic44, already scrolling on your fine looking blog..

Last edited by jdoll; 07-19-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: photo
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

I love the takeaway joints but my wife is a vegetarian and it's pretty difficult to meet her needs at those shops so I don't get to eat at them very often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast