Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for great local take away's and snacks

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!

Looking for great local take away's and snacks

As we have lived on Bonaire prior to having our home on Aruba, we LOVE local food, and love that we can support the "little local" mom and pop places.

We love Red Fish and Driftwood for their local food, but to go there often can get a bit pricey!

We are looking for local recommendations of Take Away / Snacks.

Our favorites are:

ANY FISH
    Comcomber Stoba
    Green Bean Stoba
    Galina Stoba
    Carne Stoba
    Cabritu Stoba
    Bami
    Pastechi, etc.

NO CHINESE PLEASE..

We are really open any other local foods, just as long as the food is good and the place is clean and the prices are reasonable.

We want an alternative to the Americanize fast food on the island, when we are really busy!

Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    Zeerovers

Fermans BBQ

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Zeerovers

Fermans BBQ
    Andrea,

Thanks, we do Zeerovers, yum! I'm going to try Fermans... we drove by it today and the smells were YUMMIE!!!!

Liz

My local favorite place for takeout is Chupa DeDe. It is not dine in....TAKE OUT ONLY.

Their garlic shrimp is delicious! They also have fish if you don't like shrimp. They also have the standard local stews too.

It is right beside WEMA on LG smith blvd. They are only open from 7am till 3pm...and if you go during the lunch hour, be patient...you will have to wait a bit for your food since they have tonnes of locals who order over the phone and then pick up their lunch from there.

Bon appetite!

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Tia Rosa snack truck down by the Pos Chiquito circle has delicious pastechi and patacone. You won't find many non locals there.
    The Eagle Beach food truck across from Chalet Swiss also caters almost exclusively to locals.

Fermin's is great but has a new owner now. Food is still tasty, portions large and prices reasonable (although they have slightly increased) but be forewarned that the knew owner has hooterized the place... not that I mind at all

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Aruba since 1979
    "hooterized" omgoodness

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Tia Rosa snack truck down by the Pos Chiquito circle has delicious pastechi and patacone. You won't find many non locals there.
    The Eagle Beach food truck across from Chalet Swiss also caters almost exclusively to locals.

Fermin's is great but has a new owner now. Food is still tasty, portions large and prices reasonable (although they have slightly increased) but be forewarned that the knew owner has hooterized the place... not that I mind at all

The last we heard the new owner was once a partner with Michel, who originally opened the place back up. The new owner, Dave, also owns Mojetitos downtown. When we were there in March the menu and pricing were virtually the same. We'll definitely be going there next trip.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Andrea, shhhh, not fermans, you don't want to go there...lol
    my stomping grounds...

Aruba since 1979
    How about King Ribs?
    Only open on the weekends.
    Fabulous ribs (per my husband as i do not eat them) and chicken.
    Also too, grouper and steak.
    I do enjoy their mashed potatoes.

We went to Fermin's last spring for the first time. And honestly were are not impressed at all. The service was so poor ( waitresses paid more attention to locals and people from the "party" bus.). We been waited for our food for at least 40 minutes. The ribs itself also were mediocre, although the portions are big.
    Texas De Brazil is the right place for a good meat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast