Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for great local take away's and snacks

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    How about King Ribs?
    Only open on the weekends.
    Fabulous ribs (per my husband as i do not eat them) and chicken.
    Also too, grouper and steak.
    I do enjoy their mashed potatoes.
    If Kings Ribs hasn't changed, it is great. We got take away there from our second trip until they had to relocate to his garage. sadly we don't know where they are now. They were right on the main road just before the grocery stores for several years. Not sure what is in that spot now.
    Pizza Bobs is a great place for Pizza and salads.

Aruba since 1979
    king ribs is now located:

coming from the low rise area, go around the roundabout where the wendys is and head inland.
    follow that road for at least a mile (you will pass the medical school)
    on the left before you get to the traffic signals you will see king ribs.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ki...faad0e8c2d2ef5
    see google map

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    If Kings Ribs hasn't changed, it is great. We got take away there from our second trip until they had to relocate to his garage. sadly we don't know where they are now. They were right on the main road just before the grocery stores for several years. Not sure what is in that spot now.
    Pizza Bobs is a great place for Pizza and salads.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    The last we heard the new owner was once a partner with Michel, who originally opened the place back up. The new owner, Dave, also owns Mojetitos downtown. When we were there in March the menu and pricing were virtually the same. We'll definitely be going there next trip.
    Was there last week and the menu was different than last year but I didn't go to Fermin's this past Spring so it may be the one you saw. Prices on a bucket of beer was slightly higher but only like a dollar or two.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    We went to Fermin's last spring for the first time. And honestly were are not impressed at all. The service was so poor ( waitresses paid more attention to locals and people from the "party" bus.). We been waited for our food for at least 40 minutes. The ribs itself also were mediocre, although the portions are big.
    Texas De Brazil is the right place for a good meat.
    Love Texas De Brazil but it doesn't fit the posters request for either take out or reasonably priced

Ran into Daniel Putkowski at Scott's Brats last week and he told me about his current favorite Sunday BBQ spot "Great Rich" in Paradera. Leaving the high rise area travel down Palm Beach road towards Barney's until you get to the intersection at Saint Ana church, make a right onto rt 2. Follow that to the Tanki Flip circle at rt 4. Go left at the circle and it should be just up the road on your left.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Was there last week and the menu was different than last year but I didn't go to Fermin's this past Spring so it may be the one you saw. Prices on a bucket of beer was slightly higher but only like a dollar or two.

Love Texas De Brazil but it doesn't fit the posters request for either take out or reasonably priced

Ran into Daniel Putkowski at Scott's Brats last week and he told me about his current favorite Sunday BBQ spot "Great Rich" in Paradera. Leaving the high rise area travel down Palm Beach road towards Barney's until you get to the intersection at Saint Ana church, make a right onto rt 2. Follow that to the Tanki Flip circle at rt 4. Go left at the circle and it should be just up the road on your left.
    We've been looking for that place our last couple of trips. We'll follow your directions and see if we come across it next trip.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Palm Beach refreshment (I believe only open for breakfast and lunch) on Palm Beach Road before Wacky Wahoo's. All locals. Very reasonably priced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12