Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I know the owner and cook of the Screaming Eagle; it 's pretty new. He used to cook for the Flying Fishbone! He is the best! My favorite restaurant by far and I'm not just saying that because I know the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonebal View Post
    going on our 5th year in a row vacation to Aruba. What is everbody reccomending for restaurants to try this year
    Our 2 new finds this year (our 10th) were Anna Marie's a 1 yr old Italian find run out of a couple home. The have their own thread on this site.

And 2nd is not a restaurant but a gourmet take-out place in the strip mall behind the Certified Mega Mall, called The Kitchen. Incredible lunch and dinner dishes at reasonable prices.

If you are a island regular you know all the standard names, but I would not miss eating at either of these 2 new places.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Aruba since 1979
    i keep forgetting to comment about THE KITCHEN.
    it is excellent and has terrific take out (gourmet quality) meals and excellent pricing.

portions are huge so most likely there will be leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
    Our 2 new finds this year (our 10th) were Anna Marie's a 1 yr old Italian find run out of a couple home. The have their own thread on this site.

And 2nd is not a restaurant but a gourmet take-out place in the strip mall behind the Certified Mega Mall, called The Kitchen. Incredible lunch and dinner dishes at reasonable prices.

If you are a island regular you know all the standard names, but I would not miss eating at either of these 2 new places.

You can never go wrong with breakfast at Linda's for Dutch pancakes or Wacky Wahoo for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandGrl View Post
    I know the owner and cook of the Screaming Eagle; it 's pretty new. He used to cook for the Flying Fishbone! He is the best! My favorite restaurant by far and I'm not just saying that because I know the guy.
    Screaming Eagle and Flying Fishbone are owned by the same couple.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Thank you all for these wonderful suggestions

Amy, I'm going on my 10th year May 2011, congrats to you! Where is Carte Blanche? Must be new?

Quote Originally Posted by jillianrn14 View Post
    Amy, I'm going on my 10th year May 2011, congrats to you! Where is Carte Blanche? Must be new?
    Carte Blanche just opened a few months ago. They're located next to the windmill - not IN the windmill but just to the left of it.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Another recommendation for Carte Blanche. It's such a different dining experience. It reminded me a little of how you can have dinner in a chef's home in Buenos Aires. This is set up like a bar with fourteen seats. Chef Dennis is preparing your meal on one side of the bar, and Glen chooses the wine for each course. As you are being served, the chef will explain the ingredients he used, and Glen will explain the reason for his wine pairing.

We met people from different states, and different countries. We were there for 3 1/2 hours and the time just went so fast. A great experience.

to Amy

Went you are talking about Carte Blanche how much can run per couple I have no problem along is very good $150.00 to$200.00 with the tips ? Ginette
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    \

No dress code.

You can choose 4 or 5 courses with or without wine pairings (they also have a wine list to choose from and a full bar.) They use the best, freshest ingredients for every course and the flavors and presentation are amazing! They also do an awesome job to cater to your tastes by inquiring in advance about any likes/dislikes. But it is mostly "chef's surprise" since he caters his menu to the fresh ingredients he's able to get. The couple from England sitting next to us were vegetarians so their courses were completely different from ours.

Some of the items we had included an oyster shooter, cerviche, foie gras, and lamb chops. We also went with the wine pairings and they were spot on - complimented each course very nicely.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast