Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Question Looking for something simple!

We are 20 days away from our Aruba trip and are simple people not looking for fancy places. Are there any good places to eat that are affordable and not the type of places you need to dress up for? I want to put the skirts and suits away while on my trip! Thanks!

Also are there any open air markets in Aruba?
    The snow is everywhere I look, I cant wait for that view to be palm trees!

Smile Some restaurant suggestions

Aruba in general is no longer "dressy". Casual is more the norm. There are several places to eat that are not expensive. Buccaneer (my favorite for great value) , the Dutch Mill, Promenade, Sunset Beach at the Divi Phoenix (very romantic), Taco Bell, Pizza Hut. We'll be back to Aruba at the end of Jan. Our 20th trip. I'm an ACE (Aruba Certified Agent) and like to try a lot of different restaurants. It's cold here too.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar

A few places I like:

By Certified Market there is an outdoor flea market every Sat & Sun.
    Downtown at the Seaport there are also outdoor vendors.

Flea Market

Open daily next to Supermarkets & across from old Bushiri

Arashi & Boca Catalina for snorkeling
    For resonable prices and great food try Buccaneer (, Promenade, Tony Roma's, Casa Tua, Sole Mare, Sunset Bistro at Divi Phoenix on the beach as you watch the sunset, Sushi Ya for Japanese and if you have little ones subway is adjacent to it at Playa Linda. Aruba has many great places to enjoy a great meal and still have money left over to enjoy your vacation.
    Happy New Year and all the Best on your vacation.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.

Aruba since 1979
    i recommend PAM PAM
    very relaxed shorts and tee shirts are very appropriate
    very inexpensive
    terrific food and comfortable atmosphere

paul and i ate here 2x and loved it.

all dinners are $9.50
    grouper...lasagna....mahi mahi...streak or chicken fajitas..chicken cordon bleu....and more

directions to Pam Pam

follow the road perpendicular to lacabana and adventure golf (that is the road heading towards Madam Janettes)
    at almost the end there will be a small sign on the right that says "p'earl'dor apartments and Pam Pam bar and restaurant"
    turn right is a dirt road
    follow for about 200 yds and and Pam Pam is on your left.
    it is WONDERFUL
    it is our new place to go!

Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-02-2008 at 08:17 AM.

Downtown is the Paddock restaurant--good food, slow service on the dock. wednesday is all you can eat ribs for $12.00. Across from that in Royal Plaza mall is Iguana Joe's. Try Mambo Jambo's too in mall. Get seats overlooking downtown and harbor. Up by Holiday Inn is Moomba's beach bar and grill. McDonald's also there for a cheap lunch. Try the Garden Restaurant at the Mill Resort (across from the Westin). Traveler's specials around $12 to 15.00. many nights there from 5 to 7 is a 2 for 1 happy hour at the bar too.

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    If you are downtown, recommend you try the Old Fisherman. It's down the street from the bus terminal. You will see a lot of locals eating there. Very reasonable prices and excellent food.