Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Lucy's Retired Surfer Bar

You know, Carlos and Charlies was one of our favorite places downtown. They were a "chain" if you will. There's a big difference between a place that has a few locations throughout the world compared to a place with 35,000 locations like Mickey D's... we are looking forward to visiting next trip.

They have surely been working on it from what we can see. Hopefully it'll do well.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    You know, Carlos and Charlies was one of our favorite places downtown. They were a "chain" if you will. There's a big difference between a place that has a few locations throughout the world compared to a place with 35,000 locations like Mickey D's... we are looking forward to visiting next trip.
    Oh yes, we had much fun at Carlos N' Charlies in our younger days (lol).....I really believe they are trying to rebuild downtown and trying lots of different things. We always venture downtown a couple of times and hope soon it will bring more tourists, it really is a fun place to walk around and check out.

When I went by on Monday, they had brightly colored bar stools around the bar and were putting together(I think) wooden picnic tables in the same bright colors.

We will definitely give it a try. We like to go downtown at least once and have at least one drink and a snack. Looking forward to trying it.

Today it looked like they added some round tables.

I'm hoping they are open when we head down in 2 weeks (woohoo!). Sounds like a fun place!

Aruba since 1979
    .......getting close!
    here is hoping that they are open next month.
    i love this place.

https://www.facebook.com/Lucys-Retir...34574388/?rc=p

We'll have to wait until next trip. They didn't make it before we left.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

The the last week of February/first week of March they told me they had hoped to be open in two weeks. We had hoped to get there before we left and were disappointed they were not open.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast