Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Lunch choices

Peanuts by far is our favorite place to have lunch. It is a locals restaurant and up the street from the old Cooks Restaurant. We go there so often that the one waitress made me promise I would try something different in November. I always get the Chicken Satay....YUMMY !!
    I have had some dutch meals there though, and have always liked everything, especially the whole grilled red snapper...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I usually make sandwiches and bring them to the beach in our cooler. At least once each trip we hit the food truck in the parking lot at Eagle Beach. It's always inexpensive, delicious & more than enough food for the family.

If we are out & about we like to stop at West Deck or The Paddock. The Pastechi House is another must stop if we are downtown.
    Stopped at the Paddock on way to airport about 4 years ago (it used to be a tradition)....got the grouper sandwich, took two bites and realized there was something wrong...1st bite I was like ???? then took a second to make sure....bad bad bad idea...made it off plane in Charlotte before mother nature called, then barely made it to Pittsburgh....needless to say it is OFF my list !!!! I am sure it was a fluke and I know the food has to be ok since they are still open but I get the oh hell no's going on any time its suggested now....(sorry Jackie...)
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

On arrival I usually eat at the Islander Grill waiting for my room to be ready. I love the empanadas at Iquana Joe's downtown. We have tried Scott's Brats but it takes us away from the beach. Most times I just make sandwiches to bring to beach or pool. Love the different breads from the Super Markets. Have to find Brights Bakery this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Everyone posts their "list" of restaurants to hit for dinner while on the island, and most of us have our favorites. Does anyone have a place for lunch that is special or a must do? I know it's hard to give up beach time for something as trivial as lunch. We enjoy lunch at West Deck and try to get there at least once a trip. Sometimes it is the first meal we have when arriving and it's been the last on the way to the airport at least once.
    The Bread Basket just past the Hilton - right on the beach, behind water sports building; the food and coffee are both excellent. Breakfast all day too! Reasonable prices.

Aruba since 1979
    i had totally forgotten about "peanuts"

it is a great local place.

as i said earlier, we rarely go out to lunch. it is often impossible to get me out of the water or off the beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Peanuts by far is our favorite place to have lunch. It is a locals restaurant and up the street from the old Cooks Restaurant. We go there so often that the one waitress made me promise I would try something different in November. I always get the Chicken Satay....YUMMY !!
    I have had some dutch meals there though, and have always liked everything, especially the whole grilled red snapper...

Don't be sorry danadog! I love everyone sharing experiences. No restaurant (or person) is perfect every day
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

So, the day we go to baby beach you suggest we pack our cooler with food (if there's any room after loading the beer)?

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Don't get me started about "Big Mama's" at Baby Beach: NEVER again.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    So, the day we go to baby beach you suggest we pack our cooler with food (if there's any room after loading the beer)?
    Absolutely. You can sit on the beach eating and watch the poor souls that have no clue...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

as i said earlier, we rarely go out to lunch. it is often impossible to get me out of the water or off the beach.
    Same here. Fruits, vegetables and cold beer.

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    We stopped at the Tia Rosa food truck and took something with us.

https://bentpage.net/2009/03/08/tia-rosa-snack-truck/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast