Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Madame Janettes

Aruba since 1979
    was there anything wrong with your meal that could have been rectified by sending it bacK?

you must have been so very disappointed as MJ is one of those places many of us say "do not miss out!"

please give your restaurant reviews in another thread in the culinary section.

again, i am surprised and disappointed MJs did not WOW you.

the only complaint i have ever had re: MJ is the heat/humidity if there is no breeze. if there is no breeze, it is pretty uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by stinky2 View Post
    We recently went to MJ's (first time)and although the restaurant was lovely, the staff very nice and service good, we were most disappointed in our meal. We were there during the white asparagus festival. We split the shrimp casserole, my hubby had the almond grouper, and I had the MJ crab stuffed grouper with the white asparagus. We were very excited about the menu and options, so, we ordered a large amount of food. Unfortunately it was not flavorful and average. The restaurant did not work out for us, but many others did. The only way to know is to dine, experience and judge for yourself.

Banned
    Quote from Sunworshipper's earlier post.."Chef Kasi, we know how wonderful the restaurant is from experience I don't believe what some people may write, and hopefully neither will other people when 10 reviews rave and 1 slams...have no fear...WE LOVE MJ"S"

SWII....I think you can hardly call the opinions of some of us regarding our dining experiences at MJ's as "slams". The posts were honest and well written. These review are not for you "to believe". We share our experiences on the forum. We're not making up fairy tales.

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    Chef Kasi, we know how wonderful the restaurant is from experience I don't believe what some people may write, and hopefully neither will other people when 10 reviews rave and 1 slams...have no fear...WE LOVE MJ"S
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    Quote from Sunworshipper's earlier post.."Chef Kasi, we know how wonderful the restaurant is from experience I don't believe what some people may write, and hopefully neither will other people when 10 reviews rave and 1 slams...have no fear...WE LOVE MJ"S"

SWII....I think you can hardly call the opinions of some of us regarding our dining experiences at MJ's as "slams". The posts were honest and well written. These review are not for you "to believe". We share our experiences on the forum. We're not making up fairy tales.
    As Amy stated earlier in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Everyone will have their own likes and dislikes. Not everyone is going to like the same restaurant, same food, etc. There are plenty of restaurants in Aruba that I know other people love and rave about and I don't like them at all. Just my own personal preferences. I read reviews on everything (from restaurants in Aruba to when I'm shopping for a new TV or new running shoes) - just need to take all reviews with a grain of salt - they're helpful to a certain extent but you still need to use your own best judgment.

Sometimes we need to agree to disagree. Not everyone has the same tastes. That applies to restaurants, airlines, excursions, and even resorts.

Even my 98 yo grandmother would tell you that when it comes to reviews, throw out the most glowing and the most stinging and the truth probably lays somewhere in between.

This board is so valuable because everyone is able to post honest oppinions, good and bad. I found that I try to follow certain members more than others but always read everyone. I have a book Im keeping for my trip and am jotting down positive and negative comments for each event I have planned so that Im aware of what may be the downfalls in hopes of avoiding them.
    67 more days
    Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    ...Even my 98 yo grandmother would tell you that when it comes to reviews, throw out the most glowing and the most stinging and the truth probably lays somewhere in between.
    A wise lady, your grandmother! Sort of like Olympic scoring where they throw out the high and the low scores and average the rest.

I sometimes hesitate to post a negative review as some take it personally and rip you. When I do post, I try to be objective and not exaggerate for effect.

I totally agree that we want to share our opinions and do not have to agree with each other. As long as we are fair and do not have malicious intent or an ulterior motive, I think the feedback is great. It is amazing how passionate so many of us are about our favorite places...and Chef Kasi should be pleased to know that MJ's is on so many of our minds.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    A wise lady, your grandmother! Sort of like Olympic scoring where they throw out the high and the low scores and average the rest.
    Thank you

I sometimes hesitate to post a negative review as some take it personally and rip you. When I do post, I try to be objective and not exaggerate for effect.
    Rules
    "Everyone has an opinion based on a number of different factors, like their own personal experiences, values, etc. If someone disagrees with you, it is probably because they value one thing more than another. "

Hopefully no one hesitates from posting because they feel intimidated.

In 19 visits to the island, we have had a few horrific experiences involving:

I have stated my opinion on those experiences and moved on.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-12-2011 at 01:53 PM.

I'm sure many people are hesitant to post negative reviews....this thread is a perfect example.
    People try to pass along information for the board and are accused of having "ulterior motives".

Quote Originally Posted by newman44 View Post
    I'm sure many people are hesitant to post negative reviews....this thread is a perfect example.
    People try to pass along information for the board and are accused of having "ulterior motives".
    I have absolute no problems with Critc but you posted Fiction not Fact!!!! and thats my Buiness you are Posting about here so hope you understand that i stand up for myself and MY EMPLOYES

But i think that thread can be closed anyway we heard it all by now

Thanks for the Brave words Friends

Kasi

My husband and I went to MJ for our 1st anniversary, after the meal, we looked at each other and said...we must come her to celebrate every anniversary, we bought a timeshare and have since been to MJ every year since, can't wait till october to celebrate our 7th at MJ....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast